This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you continue to eat?

I had a short, 5-month stint managing a well-known buffet restaurant. This is the one time I actually had a comeback for an SC because I was fed up and knew I was leaving in a few days.

So, the server comes to my office to tell me one of her tables needs a manager.

Me: How can I help you folks?
    SC: This fried chicken tastes like SHIT!

An aside: I saw this SC return to the buffet at least 3 times to refill his plate with fried chicken. The server said he must've been there at least 7 because they had to keep refilling it for him.

Me: ...
    SC: I expect to be refunded for the awful food. This is SHIT!
    Me: Well sir, several employees, including myself, saw you take numerous trips to the bar for more fried chicken. I don't understand why you continued to eat shit?
    SC: ...

aww, busted!

Comment

Seems like the SC was trying to scam you guys in a free meal for "shitty chicken" that he keeps eating. Glad you caught that tool in his game.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

as if there was nothing else at the buffet he could eat... Nice job
        Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

Way to go.
          The stupid is strong with that one.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

That's like the idiot I got at the movie theater years back, who wanted a refund "'cuz that movie sucked!" "You sat through the whole movie." "Yeah, and it sucked! I wanna refund!" "Yeah, no."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              That's like the idiot I got at the movie theater years back, who wanted a refund "'cuz that movie sucked!" "You sat through the whole movie." "Yeah, and it sucked! I wanna refund!" "Yeah, no."
              If a movie is that bad, I'll usually want my time back...

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                If a movie is that bad, I'll usually want my time back...
                "Certainly sir. Let me put on my blue tights and red underpants and I'll spin round the world a few times, rewind time and get your two hours back."
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Why is it that people think they can use an item or service, and then demand a refund just because it's 'not to their liking'?? You ate the chicken, you disliked said chicken, yet continued to eat it. And then went back for more. It's quite obvious that you did, indeed, enjoy the chicken. Nice try, but no dice. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose.
                  Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

Quoth chapookie View Post
                    SC: I expect to be refunded for the awful food. This is SHIT!
                    Me: Well sir, several employees, including myself, saw you take numerous trips to the bar for more fried chicken. I don't understand why you continued to eat shit?
                    SC: ...
                    PWND!

If the guy had brought up a piece of chicken with one bite taken from it after the first trip to the bar and demanded a refund, yeah, it's probably legit. But demanding one after three-seven trips for the same thing?! Either a scammer or profoundly stupid (or both)!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My friend's dad owned a couple of restaraunts over the years.

He said it was common for people to eat every morsel, then complain about the food, trying to get a full refund. He would tell them firmly, if there was a problem with the food, that they should tell the server immediately, and the restaraunt would gladly fix or replace the meal, but since they ate the whole plate, it must not *really* have been bad and he doesn't appreciate people who try to scam his restaraunt like that. He was sure to say it in the same volume as the complaint, so the other patrons who heard the complaining, also heard his firm but fair response.

When people had a legit complaint, it was within the first few bites.

My friend also said he paid VERY close attention to the plates coming back into the kitchen, and if people weren't finishing something, he'd strive to find out why, and fix it, BEFORE anyone complained. These "silent complaints" carried far more weight to him.

His restaraunts were succesful, and he sold them for a tidy sum in the end. It should be obvious that it isn't in a restaraunt's interest to sell unpalatable food.
                      Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        I walked out of Paul Blart: Mall Cop after 20 minutes.

Yeesh, that movie was awful.
                        http://www.pirikapirilala.tk

Check out my blog today!

Comment

Quoth octopi23 View Post
                          I walked out of Paul Blart: Mall Cop after 20 minutes.

Yeesh, that movie was awful.
                          It was. I had to sit through to the end - but I was getting paid to do it.

At the cinema, if anyone comes out of a movie that early, we will usually give them a refund. If they are nice about it.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Automan Empire View Post
                            My friend's dad owned a couple of restaraunts over the years.

He said it was common for people to eat every morsel, then complain about the food, trying to get a full refund. He would tell them firmly, if there was a problem with the food, that they should tell the server immediately, and the restaraunt would gladly fix or replace the meal, but since they ate the whole plate, it must not *really* have been bad and he doesn't appreciate people who try to scam his restaraunt like that. He was sure to say it in the same volume as the complaint, so the other patrons who heard the complaining, also heard his firm but fair response.

When people had a legit complaint, it was within the first few bites.
                            Yea, when I worked at a grocery store we had this one church group that would order cakes from the bakery all the time. And they'd bring them back, all 1 bite that was left, demanding a refund.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                              It was. I had to sit through to the end - but I was getting paid to do it.

At the cinema, if anyone comes out of a movie that early, we will usually give them a refund. If they are nice about it.
                              I didn't think it was -that- bad. Not good, not even close to it, but not bad enough to make it worth walking out.

The only movie I've walked out of was Scary Movie, and that was during my disaster of a semester at the University of Maryland. It was only $1 to get in, so I didn't bother to ask for my money back.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X