This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You can't take a hint can you?!"

I completely forgot about this one! Maybe it should go under sightings, as I was only told about this.

Like I said in my previous post, yesterday was very quiet. Co-workers were doing random jobs that needed doing around the pub. One co-worker was working on putting some new fabric on some barstools, as they had worn down quite a bit. As she was busy working, a customer who was sat near her mumbled something.

SC: *mumble mumble mumble*
    CW: I'm sorry sir? I didn't hear what you said.
    SC: I've got no more money.
    CW: ....
    SC: I can't buy another drink.
    CW: Oh...I'm sorry to hear that sir.
    SC: I would like another drink, but I can't afford one. I've got no money.
    CW: That's a shame. I'm sorry to hear that.
    SC: I've got no more money, and I would like another drink.

SC gives CW a puppy dog look. CW is unphased by this and carries on what she is doing. SC stands up very quickly and grabs his coat.

SC: You can't take a hint, can you?!
    CW:
    SC: You never offered to buy me a drink!

SC stormed out.

I would like to send a message to that SC.

Dear SC, if I have to pay to drink in my own pub, then so do you! If the staff don't get free drinks, then the customers certainly aren't going to!!

I don't have enough money for a playstation..... <hint hint>

Oh, bugger
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

And I didn't respond to your "hinting", so it seems you missed my hints as well.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post

Oh, bugger
        Forget that, I'm going for bigger game.

I'm so short on my rent this month. Man, if only I had someone to pay my rent this month. I'd make it worth their while...

Comment

Ive always wanted an Audi.......

..............anyone?

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            SC: You can't take a hint, can you?!
            SC: You never offered to buy me a drink!
            The general rule in bars is that the bartender will buy you a drink if and when they want to, NOT when you ask for it. And that if you ask for it, you are almost certain not to get one.

That being said, why, WHY would an employee who is reupholstering the bar stools have any interest in buying you a drink?

Stupid fucking douchebag. I hope he dies of thirst.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Yep, sure sounds like someone can't take a hint.

I always hate customers who come up short, then ask to bum money to make up the difference. My answer is always no, and is always going to be no because I work to pay for my own stuff. I only loan money to family and friends. Why can't sucktards take a hint from that?
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post

Oh, bugger
                Here's my2 top stock answers:

Did I give birth to you and not know it?

or

Do I look like your mother?

Either way, my point's the same: go bark up another tree.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

"If I buy you a drink I get to take you out back and do nasty things to you...deal?"

If they're desperate enough to say yes...kick them out because they'll start throwing a fit if you say no.

If they're good natured enough to refuse the offer and sulk some more, let them.

If they're offended enough to leave, huzzah! another one bites the dust!

Comment

Working...
                  X