X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you don't get government rate!!

Dear SC's who feel entitled to the government rate,

You CAN NOT get the government rate because you work for the post office. I am aware that the post office used to be a government enity, but it is now a private entity in the US. Which means, YOU ARE NOT A GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE! My best friend works for the post office and I have asked her about this. You are bad bad people.

Just because you work for a state university DOES NOT mean you get the government rate. The univiserity employed you, not the state specifically. Don't get pissy with me because I say, "I am sorry. I need a GOVERNMENT ID not a University ID. Or, I need a government credit card or government check." Just today I had a guy who reserved his room at the normal rate of 129+tax. Essentially this is an agreement to that rate. He got to the hotel & wanted a cheaper rate...of course... And when I bent & said I could lower it to 99+tax just for tonight, he started treating me like I was lower then shit & every question I asked him (info on rm type etc) he would huff and act like a stuck up dick.

No, just because you are by chance Native American DOES NOT mean you get the government rate. Matter of fact, most Native American people are part of their own government, not the US Government...but I won't get into that!

How many times do I have to tell these rip off artists that you have to directly be employed by the government AND on active business for them in order to recieve that rate. You CAN NOT be on vacation but by chance work for the government normally. I do not care if you have an ID, you just told me you were on vacation!! I have read the laws governing this myself, and you are breaking the code! Also, government rate should never be asked for on the weekends unless a government card or a government check is being used. This is also in the laws that these government workers read and agree to. But, like I should think...nevermind that is a government rant....
    Last edited by thehippie777; 06-19-2009, 06:40 AM.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

SC's don't read. Anything. Cardinal rule.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

When I was younger and allowed to carry my Military Dependent ID (my dad is a Marine), I used to get military discounts for things ranging from airfare to Disney tickets. Until I got my Driver's License, it was the only ID I had, so I had no choice but to show it. After that, they'd see it when I had to remove my license from my wallet. I'd always explain that I was only a dependent, but they'd give it anyway.

They'd ask why i didn't say anything when I set up the reservation and I'd reply with "You asked if i was active duty. My dad is, but I'm not." Then they'd tell me to tell my dad they said "Thank you." I always felt guilty about it, but then again I'm Catholic. I feel guilty about everything

CH
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Yay I'll be able to use government discounts rather than airline discounts soon
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

UGH. How about the teachers? I had one tell me that she was a teacher...that meant she took a vow of poverty.

Dumbass.

(Don't flame me, not all teachers are bad! )

And if I gave someone a discount and they started acting like a dick, the rate would quickly go back up.

Comment

Also, government rate should never be asked for on the weekends unless a government card or a government check is being used.
            Hmm really? I do contractor work for the Feds, and often travel on weekends, for jobs that occur on the weekends. But I dont have a government CC or check, because I am a lowly contractor. Reimbursement is FUN <not>.

Although I do have the nifty CAC RFID badge.

Meh, half the time I find out that the AAA rate is the same or cheaper than the gov't rate, and go for that.

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
              You CAN NOT get the government rate because you work for the post office. I am aware that the post office used to be a government enity, but it is now a private entity in the US. Which means, YOU ARE NOT A GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE! My best friend works for the post office and I have asked her about this. You are bad bad people.
              Actually, postal employees are considered government employees, both of my parents are letter carriers, and I worked for them not that long ago.

Comment

Quoth Stid View Post
                Actually, postal employees are considered government employees, both of my parents are letter carriers, and I worked for them not that long ago.
                Yup, according to Title 39, Chapter 2, Section 201 - "There is established, as an independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States, the United States Postal Service." So they would be government employees.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                  SC's don't read. Anything. Cardinal rule.
                  Oh, they read. But only when something is written in their favor, or by selective reading, they can act like something is in their favor.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I loved having a military discount (Mom was Army, Dad Army Reserves) and was so sad to see it go when I got too old. Did you know the observation deck at the Empire State Building has a military discount? And it was soooooo useful for all the traveling to and from home I did during school holidays...

I never had anywhere tell me I had to be active duty, but I was (and still am, in a way) too shy to make a scene about it if they had. It's not like they HAD to give me a discount at all, and it's not like I was the one doing the work that got me the discount, so I probably would have pouted but paid up without arguing.

I guess most people don't get that a discount like that isn't a personal thing, it's usually little more than a decision made by a company to try to target and attract a specific and desirable group of customers, or a PR choice.
                    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Taz View Post
                      Yup, according to Title 39, Chapter 2, Section 201 - "There is established, as an independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States, the United States Postal Service." So they would be government employees.
                      Was about to bring that up myself, thanks Taz and Stid.

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                      Your Friend needs to talk to her supervisor about this. She IS a Government employee and we are NOT a private entity. And in saying that we are bad bad people you have also called your BEST FRIEND a bad bad person.
                      Last edited by Aethian; 06-19-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        Your Friend needs to talk to her supervisor about this. She IS a Government employee and we are NOT a private entity. And in saying that we are bad bad people you have also called your BEST FRIEND a bad bad person.
                        I have to disagree with you there Aethian. She said that postal employees who were trying to weasel discounts were bad people, not letter carriers in general.

This is a very clear difference to me as thehippie777 was misinformed on the employment status of letter carriers.

Comment

Quoth Stid View Post
                          I have to disagree with you there Aethian. She said that postal employees who were trying to weasel discounts were bad people, not letter carriers in general.

This is a very clear difference to me as thehippie777 was misinformed on the employment status of letter carriers.
                          Sorry took it a bit personal and I hadn't said anything about just letter carriers.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                            Sorry took it a bit personal and I hadn't said anything about just letter carriers.
                            True enough.

Most of my time speaking about the P.O. is talking about carriers, that's why I slip into speaking about them specifically. I mean no slight to the many other employees, most of management excluded

(had to toss in that joke based on my own experiences and those of my parents LOL)

Comment

Quoth Stid View Post
                              True enough.

Most of my time speaking about the P.O. is talking about carriers, that's why I slip into speaking about them specifically. I mean no slight to the many other employees, most of management excluded

(had to toss in that joke based on my own experiences and those of my parents LOL)
                              Other then two current managers in my home area, we have a good batch. Now lets hope they don't screw it up and move em around again. Have you seen some of my posts?

Comment

Working...
                              X