This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the poo hits the spinny thing

Something about the start of summer weather sent people out to the swamp in droves today.

So anyhow, I had just got done with a customer who bought and paid for a swimming pool, and it turned out we had none left and nobody deleted the backstock location, so I had to tell her she couldn't get her swimming pool. On an 87-degree day. It didn't go very well, but I called another store for her and found her a pool there and she seemed satisfied. So I called the one person working the floor and told her I was going on break.

And then three carryout calls came in one right after the other.Floor person started to attend to those.

And then somebody was wanting help in furniture and the call box in seasonal was going off. Floor person actually had to call two softlines people to get those.

And then it turned out the carryouts were really large items, so floor person had to call electronics guy to help her.

And then the LP lady started paging electronics guy back to electronics in a very audibly perturbed voice--because when electronics guy left, some guy started shoving CDs down his pants and would've made a clean getaway had it occurred to him to go out the emergency exit in electronics (hence why somebody has to be back in electronics at all times). Instead he booked it for the front doors and got caught.

And the whole time I'm sitting up in the breakroom thinking "Nobody better give me any shit for taking my break."

Seriously, this is about the most intense series of unfortunate events I've ever seen happen so quickly.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Wow..... just wow!! Talk about good timing to decide on taking a break.
    Your brain may not know what it is. Your brain may never figure out what it is. However, your heart knows, your heart always knows. --- Master Horkin from Brothers in Arms by Margaret Weis

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Seriously, this is about the most intense series of unfortunate events I've ever seen happen so quickly.
      That sounds catchy. Maybe you should write book or make a movie about your experiences.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Irv, you need a new job! I worry about you.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

87?! wow thats COLD! just good the customer didn't go all ape flingy on ya tho.
          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
            Thank you, my fellow Phoenician, for saying what I was thinking.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Really. Good thing you were on break,Merv.
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                Really. Good thing you were on break,Merv.
                Right, Amanda.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

See this just proves that everything falls apart when you leave.

Seriously, your break timing is amazing.
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
                    Quoth Jester View Post
                    Thank you, my fellow Phoenician, for saying what I was thinking.
                    I'm not a Phoenician, but I was thinking that, too.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Pffft. Live in Wisconsin for a while, and you'll find anything over 70 is damn tropical.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X