This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an update to let you know I'm not dead and some stories

So here's what's happened over the past week.

No update on the weird people standing outside the store, all I know is they're not there now.

Someone pooped on the floor.

Someone hid in our supplies room. Scared the shit out of me when I went to get the broom. He had stuffed toilet paper down his pants?

I love my manager. There's a little basket on a shelf in our employee bathroom I never looked at. I finally opened it and discovered it fully stocked with all different sorts of kotex and tampons with a little note that read "for my ladies and our gifts." It was adorable and well timed.

I found a child in one of the pillow baskets. The store had been closed for an hour and no one had reported a missing child. Calls about a missing credit card, a lost pair of glasses and a misplaced cell phone, but none about a child.

People still think the credit card machine is too complicated. All you have to do is either push 'credit, yes' or 'enter pin, yes.'

My dog stowed away in my car (i have a van and if he's in the very back I can't see him over the seats) and spent the day in the back room making new friends.

A woman dropped a garden gnome right in front of me, picked it up like nothing had happened, started paying, then freaked out and said "It's chipped! How dare you sell damaged merchandise."

People love to stand in front of the register and act all angry and neglected even when there's a bell right there they could ring. Sometimes I just watch them to see how long they'll wait before they ring it. Sorry, I'm alone and I will not glue my ass to the register on the chance a customer might show up. Ring the bell and I'll come. Then I show up and they want a discount for waiting. I apologize and reply that I must not have heard the bell. Some people get all embarrassed and admit they didn't ring it, some say they didn't feel like ringing it, some lie and say "yeah, you should be sorry. Such poor service."

I pull a cute sign next to the bell that had an awesome drawing of a bell with a face and a text bubble saying "please ring me for assistance." I'm in the jewelry isle when a woman comes up to me with the sign and asks "I've been waiting. Should I ring the bell?"

And that was my week. Please go to the off topic section if you want to hear about my weekend. It was full of lovely things like fist fights, arrests, attempted suicide, rehab, and naked people.

Wow! Sounds like a right interesting place you work at! Did anybody ever come back for the kid? I once heard about a child left at a Chucky Cheese and nobody came to look for him/her for several days!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I love your manager too...how many managers do we know that would leave something like that for the girls? We don't even have a tampon dispenser in the bathroom!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Holy crap! Yes, do tell us more about the kid.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Holy crap! Yes, do tell us more about the kid.
          hehe, the kid gave us his mom's name. We grabbed a phone book, looked up the number, and my manager hung out with him till she showed up. Apparently he had wandered over from pizza hut, his divorced parents left in separate cars, each thought the other had him...

Comment

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
            I pull a cute sign next to the bell that had an awesome drawing of a bell with a face and a text bubble saying "please ring me for assistance." I'm in the jewelry isle when a woman comes up to me with the sign and asks "I've been waiting. Should I ring the bell?"
            My customers do the same thing!

I get a call, "The screen says I need to activate."

I reply, "What happens when you click the Activate button?"

And they reply, "Oh! I wasn't sure if I should click that."

They're so cute and silly.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Holy hell! Sounds like you had an interesting week at your job. I still can't believe somebody took a dump on the floor! Good God is that disgusting!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
              X