Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't have my free stuff?? GIMMIE MONEY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't have my free stuff?? GIMMIE MONEY!

It's funny how people will get more entitled, more sucky and more immmature over something that is FREE compared to a standard paid product.

I've seen more people make more stinks about free stuff in my time and this SC is no exception.

We have bonus goodies we give when you preorder certain games. These freebies are usually limited and once they are gone, they are gone.

So a customer at another of our locations preordered a game expecting to get a free t-shirt (our website was still advertising the t-shirt offer, of course the SC missed the "limited quantities" fine print completely).
    The problem was he preordered two days before the game arrived and all the t-shirts were gone.

Cue the bitch fit.

Apparently the guy went ballistic when he found he wouldn't get his t-shirt and threatened to CALL CORPORATE because he couldn't get his freebie.

So I get a call from this store asking us to send them one of our shirts. Okay, not a problem. Situation resolved right?

I wish.

The guy got his shirt, but still had the audacity to call corporate and bitch about the way we handled things. Now he wants a $20 gift card for his troubles over a FREE item that we PAID to ship from one store to another just to satisfy him.

I haven't heard the outcome on this, but knowing how our corporate usually works, he'll probably get his gift card.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

This guy needs a ping lesson in manners.

I know what you're thinking. "What the hell is a ping lesson in manners?" Let me tell you. See, in professional baseball, they use wooden bats. In college baseball, they use aluminum bats, and when the bats hit the ball, there is very distinctive "PING!"

Picture my aluminum bat as, well, an aluminum bat.

Picture this douchebag's head as a gopher ball thrown right over the heart of the plate.

PING!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post

The guy got his shirt, but still had the audacity to call corporate and bitch about the way we handled things. Now he wants a $20 gift card for his troubles over a FREE item that we PAID to ship from one store to another just to satisfy him.
      It never fails to amaze me how ballsy people are. I never knew coporations were so spineless before I joined this site.
      Tamezin

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
        It never fails to amaze me how ballsy people are. I never knew coporations were so spineless before I joined this site.
        You ought to meet the customer service manager for my company.

His position is usually this:

If the customer absolutely cannot be satisfied by anything the store manager can do, then the customer is probably a hopeless jerk and can't be satisfied.

So fuck 'em.

Let 'em be some other company's problem.

I love giving people his number.
        I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Coporations can be QUITE spineless when delaing with an SC. I guess they figure someonle ELSE screwed up, and if we don't get rid of this person, they're not going to just go away. So let's give them what they want, shut them up, and assume it's some cash slaves mistake in the first place.

Truth told, headquarter ppl are clueless when it comes to dealing with SC's face to face. id love to just throw them to the dogs sometimes
          Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

I agree. The biggest bitchfit we've ever witnessed was from a "customer" who won our product in a raffle at a trade show.

She preferred a competing product, you see. So she demanded that we buy it from them and give it to her.

Long story short, she didn't get her way.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Picture my aluminum bat as, well, an aluminum bat.
              You might consider upgrading your bat. Take a look at the Brooklyn Smasher.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ugh, I had this happen just last night! We have a special each month for our pizza orders at the c-store I work at, and this month was a free order of 4 breadsticks with any large pizza. Well, we ran out of breadsticks last night. Most people were cool about it, except for one guy. He threw a bitch fit, though not as bad as the one the OP's SC did. The first words from his mouth when the pizza maker (our AM was in the kitchen last night) told him we were out was "Well then you'd better give me a raincheck!" and he stomped over to me to pay, pizza in hand and asked "Are you going to give me a raincheck?" while giving me the evil eye. I ended up taking his name and number down, and the manager can decide if he gets his precious breadsticks or not! I'm not dealing with impolite idiots like that!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Fufu487 View Post
                  Truth told, headquarter ppl are clueless when it comes to just about anything to do with real life.
                  Fixed it for you.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  It's lovely. It's metal. So's mine. And I can see two major differences. First of all, that one is new, mine is old and used. Secondly, that one would cost me $45, mine cost me all of a buck at a yard sale years back.

Yeah, mine is just fine, and being aluminum, is not going to break like a wooden bat.

PING!

Still A Customer."

Comment

The Doomsday Free Card

You want "Clueless corporate"? Okay ...

The events depicted here took place about a decade ago. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

In another age, I worked for "Daddy Jim's Pizza". We competed/had a friendly rivalry with another mega-pizza chain down the road whose name resembled that of a game you can play with small plastic/wooden rectangles. Said rectangle place had a Corporate-wide policy that required them to accept ALL competitor coupons.

One day, our DM, "Carlo", got bored. Carlo had a bunch of paper coupons printed up, with our "Daddy Jim's" logo on them, which read: "Good for one pizza, any size, any number of toppings, FREE. Not good at any Daddy Jim's Location". Carlo then seeded the Rectangle delivery area with a couple hundred of these.

I think you see where this is going.

Rectangles' manager knew Carlo. He took one look at these coupons and called Bullshit. He even called Carlo up at one point, saying "I know this was you." They had a good laugh over it. The thing is, when people tried to USE these coupons at Rectangles -- explicitly stating that they were obviously a joke -- Rectangle Corporate made them honor the coupons anyway. Quite a few of them got used.

This stunt is now known in our area as "The Doomsday Free Card"
                    Last edited by EricKei; 06-30-2009, 03:04 PM. Reason: i need to learn to proofread
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

ROFL this policy is such bullocks.

This reminds me of the coupon that said:

XXX Pizza! This coupon is good for one stone oven. Not redeemable in XXX. (yes, stone oven. Not a pizza, an oven ).

Then the guy from XXX Pizza went to the competitor that had "accept all coupons policy" and made some fuss about his coupon not being accepted.

They changed their policy afterwards.
                      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                      Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Watch one of their sales videos some time if you need a good laugh. The guy thinks he's Jean-Claude-frickin'-Van-Damme or something...They're so sad they're funny. They make a good product (or so I've heard, YMMV), tho.
                        Last edited by EricKei; 07-01-2009, 11:50 AM. Reason: clarification
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          It's lovely. It's metal. So's mine. And I can see two major differences. First of all, that one is new, mine is old and used. Secondly, that one would cost me $45, mine cost me all of a buck at a yard sale years back.
                          The Brooklyn Smasher is polypropylene, a type of plastic. Can't beat the argument about the price.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Plastic? We're talking about plastic? Plastic? Seriously? Plastic?

Sorry, I was suddenly possessed by Jim Mora.

I just can't see trading in my PING! for some silly plastic bat, no matter how good it may be.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                              If the customer absolutely cannot be satisfied by anything the store manager can do, then the customer is probably a hopeless jerk and can't be satisfied.
                              Takes me back to two Fridays past. I was in the information department (ingredients, contents, general bollocks like that). A guy was shouting down the phone at me. During the call I ascertained that:

He'd put on the email order that his delivery must be in the morning of the day he and another family he was supplying with food were going on holiday, and they needed the food before they went off camping to Oompa-Loompa land or wherever.

He'd been put nearly at the end of the delivery run.

He'd already got the driver's number, and the driver (who wouldn't normally see such instructions until he got to that customer's paperwork) was making a large detoue in an eighteen-tonne truck to get to him as soon as possible.

He had only phoned up to vent his frustration on me, or anyone he met.

I worked out the last one as soon as I tried our ultimate line of defence - "What can I do to make this right?"

"There's nothing you can do!"

For most of the rest of the call, I just held the phone away from my head and browsed here. Any time it went silent, I brought it back, got two syllables out, and was interrupted by more bollocks.

I managed to pass this over to the people who need to deal with it. I recommended based on what the guy spent that they either try and make great amends or tell him to take a flying fuck (in professional terminology).

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X