This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonwalking Mafia Poets

When the going gets weird the weird get going.. I'm having more and more strange calls lately. I wish they were fictions of my imagination. Alas, they are not.

The King Of Pop Has Left The Building

Thursday I'm working and I keep hearing whispers about someone named "Michael" in the background of many of my calls. Later I hear it's the death of Michael Jackson everyone is whispering about. Sad but not totally unexpected or the end of civilization as we know it. And then the hysterical crying Michael fans call and start crying, trying to order flowers to be sent God alone only knows where considering no one has his addy. I found myself being part grief counselor, part hand holder of the mentally unbalanced. Lovely.

Ich Bien Eine Berliner or I Am A Cream Filled Donut Head

Lady calls 15 times angrily demanding a funeral delivery in Berlin Germany in a few short hours. Get this, she wanted stuff we don't even carry.

Stalker Unfriendly

I get one of those late night calls I dread, someone clearly in need of baby food, therapy, straight jackets, electric shocks and thorozine. Right after I spiel off the company greeting she launches into this...

"see I gots me this boyfriend and I need to buy him something something to make up for last night where I pissed of his dad I just wanted to be with him because he's the best thing to everhappento meinmyentire life and we're goinggobemarried andhavebabiesthebestestbabiesever.. and heistheloveofmylife but hisdaddydoanlikeme so I sleep by the doorin the bushes so I can get a glimpse of my love... and I like to sculpt his picture from leftoverpasta and smell hisblankets... and so on.."

Now I'm not interrupting this stream of conscience rattling on and on in a stalkerly fashion, I'm just going 'uh-huh' and 'yes" once in a great while until she suddenly halts mid-babble and says, "Your ad says friendly service and you are not friendly!" before she hangs up.

Bend A Stem Get A Knuckle Sammich

One lady ordering told me to tell the florist not to fuck up the order because the recipient was in the Mafia and she was afraid he'd wack the florist if flowers were ugly.

Roses Are Red Weed Is Plentiful

Get a very stoned sounding guy calling this week that just iced the weird cake with all sorts of stoned weird gooey goodness.

I greet him with the company spiel and he says, "Ugh.. mumblemumblemuble... name is Frank... mumblbemumblemumble.. I write poems about roses.. mumblemumblemumble and I want you to buy my poems to put on your cards,, mumblemumblemumble."

Yes, you heard right, stoned poet calls florist and tells them that they need to buy his verse to grace the tiny cards people write their messages on.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Calulu, your stories make me laugh....is that wrong?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
      Ich Bien Eine Berliner or I Am A Cream Filled Donut Head
      Hisssssssssssssssss. Firstly, ein Berliner. Secondly, that was perfectly correct in the Berlin dialect.
      [/language na... gestapo]

I'm so glad I'm (as it says) a professional layabout... beats dealing with weirdoes.

Comment

Eh, it's been awhile since I lived in Germany and had to speak the language every day. I couldn't even remember if a Berliner was jelly filled or custard filled. Iirc Americaners were filled with whipped cream. I was always confused why JFK called himself a jelly doughnut.

Comment

Ich bin ein Berlinerkopf?

Comment

IIRC a Berliner is really closer to a jelly filled strdlescone... but well it's also perfectly acceptable since Berliner is for someone who shows solidarity, and there's another way that means a person who resided in Berlin.... love various anti-urban legends sites for those things.

Comment

Neverland Ranch
              5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd, Los Olivos, CA 93441
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Yeah, thanks for that addy but until yesterday we were not taking orders to be send there because no one had announced where the memorials would be. I have refused orders until firm arrangements made because it's just too much potential for delivery fuckery.

Comment

and even as I posted that the arrangements look like it's going to be Forest Lawn in the Hollywood Hills.

Comment

I just looked it up for fun.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                      . I was always confused why JFK called himself a jelly doughnut.
                      Probably just a misunderstanding of the language. I was told that the proper way for JFK to say "I am a resident of Berlin" or whatever it was he was trying to say is "Ich bin Berliner." No "ein" in there anyplace.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ich Bin Ein Berliner

Quoth calulu View Post
                        Eh, it's been awhile since I lived in Germany and had to speak the language every day. I couldn't even remember if a Berliner was jelly filled or custard filled. Iirc Americaners were filled with whipped cream. I was always confused why JFK called himself a jelly doughnut.
                        Actually he didn't, whilst they are referred to as "Berliners" in other parts of Germany, people in Berlin actually call them "Pfannkuchen"

In the context, JFK was gramatically correct. The so-called "error" was largely unnoticed when he gave the speech both times.

lol

Comment

Working...
                        X