This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REALLY well done

alright so this happened to buddy of mine that worked @ Harveys (canadian burger chain) all through highschool.

They had this one guy that would come in and order his burgers well done.

he'd take it back to his table. eat it all excpet 1 or 2 bites come back up and complain 'they weren't well done enough'

i guess their company policy was something to the effect of 'dont argue if it's under X amount of $$$' so they would cook him up a new burger.

anyways this guy would come in a few times a month. same thing EVERY TIME.

My friend (who was basically the head 'cook' o fthe fast food joint lol) siad they'd char it until it was completely black and he'd still say 'not well done enough'. and they couldn't do shit about it.

seriously, it's a $2 burger. if you're that desperate for free food there's a dumpster around the back.
    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Wow. If you really want free/cheap food I can think of much better ways that eating a dry, black thing that used to be a tasty burger.

Comment

I've got an aunt who has her food so well done that most people won't cook it long enough.

Comment

Next time have the guy come to the back.. show him the burger as it's being made and tell him when he thinks it's done enough, stop.

Then once you serve it up tell him, no free burger today. You told me it's done well enough. I'll make it that way for you everytime so you can't con any more free burgers out of me.
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I HATE people who are smart*sses and work the system like that. I had a lady who did that yesterday. Her daughter clearly tore open and played with this My Little Pony toy and the woman brought it back without a receipt.. I told her the most I could do was exchange it but not give her store credit. And she was like "oh so i'll just exchange it and then return the unopened one. work the system!!cacklecacklecackle. It was an actual loophole but I usually saved it for NICE customers who are stuck with someone for one reason or another and I get them out of it.

Comment

We have those survey receipts. You know, complete the survey & get a free sandwhich next time if you order side & drink. I have the same old people day after day ordering the small side & 32-cent senior drink, getting the sandwhich free, and getting it free the next day, off of a receipt for a free sandwhich. Technically it's allowed, but I think we should have codes to tell the system that a particular receipt was from a free sandwhich, and deny the customer that time.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X