Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tale of Brainless Bizzitch Bettye, the entitlement whore extrordinaire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tale of Brainless Bizzitch Bettye, the entitlement whore extrordinaire!

Brainless Bizzitch Bettye parked her car on the street which was halfway considerate as the parking lot was busy but not totally packed..

She's arrived near closing, 2 days before July 4 holiday, meaning everyone and their mother is getting cars fixed this week. We've been shorthanded a guy and swamped all day, booked up in fact before 10am, plus dealing with drop-ins who seem to have begun drinking already and can't get a hint or direct statement that we're REAL BUSY and don't have time for B.S.

Bettye has called at least three times about this carry-out item worth under $25 retail. Now, at closing time, seeing how busy it is including me literally running from car to car in the parking lot and still cars in the bays needing MY attention, she wants me to go out to the car with her to make sure she can install her purchase herself without problems. Which brings us to the fact that the car is on the street, meaning I have to walk with her on my sore heel, diagonally the long way across my lot and down a few spaces.

Then I have to kneel with her on someone else's lawn, reeking of too much 2,4-D weedkiller, listening to this lady blather on about the part and how she thinks someone stole the last one, and how she had to buy the one she has but doesn't like, and how AutoZone told her that they didn't make the thing (you're holding one now Lady, move on in life already!!) and how she appreciates me helping her because one time she had a hard time doing this, and she doesn't want to have a problem, all while she fumbles with, drops, dicks with, tries to remove, fumbles with, and finally puts back her damn $25 part.

Finally, she stands, I stand, and she tells me in a voice freighted with condescention, "Thanks. Sorry for wasting your time, Automan." Rather than sock her, I literally RAN back to over $2000 worth of almost-finished vehicles that each needed just a little of my attention each as the customers were waiting/about to arrive and my mechanic staff had gone home for the day at their regular time. Thankfully, most of my clients are thoughtful of my time and realize they want me fixing cars, not chatting about trivia. There are always those few who exemplify the old adage that "Some people see a Doctor when what they want is an audience." My manager says, "They spend money with you, Automan, so they expect you to bleed a little." This one made my ears, and brain, bleed!

So what was the part Bettye needed help with? Was it a fuel injection computer? A mass airflow sensor? A left-drive muffler bearing requiring special tools and expertise? A five-piece old style hubcap that is admittedly more difficult to install than you would think?

No. Bettye bought herself a locking gas cap from me today!
    Last edited by Automan Empire; 07-03-2009, 02:34 AM.
    Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Owwww......
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Ugh. Can I smack "Triple-B" now? Seriously, is she on?

But, speaking of gas caps...thought I'd share this one with you all. For some reason, a certain orange vehicle was stinking up the house. Yep, the MG. Seems that the seal on my original "quick-release" gas cap had finally failed. 40 years old, not surprising. But, I had it down at the local garage for a second opinion. Why not, since one of the mechanics there is seriously into older cars.

I'm sure the sight of a 1969 MGB GT on the lift caused a few double-takes. Anyway, the mechanic came to the same conclusion--the cap had failed, and was no longer sealing properly. Meaning, that my garage smelled like a damn refinery.

Did I flip out? Of course not. I simply paid them for their time, then went online to my favorite parts retailer...and ordered what I needed. Specifically, a new filler tube, gaskets, clamps, cap...and did the job myself.

Getting back on topic here, it just annoys the hell out of me over things like that. Why is it that any piece of machinery, be it a car,or a computer...can turn otherwise rational, sane (well, for the most part!), individuals...into total fucking morons?
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Getting back on topic here, it just annoys the hell out of me over things like that. Why is it that any piece of machinery, be it a car,or a computer...can turn otherwise rational, sane (well, for the most part!), individuals...into total fucking morons?
        Some folks just aren't mechanically inclined, at all. The nice ones are frustrated by it and the not so nice are the ones that make us tear our hair out.

As to the OP, I'm honestly surprised the lady didn't jump all over AE because he rushed away before she'd properly dismissed him from enjoying the pleasure of her condescension.

Seriously, a gas cap? Oy.
        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Okay, I get that cars aren't everybody's hobby. Myself, I can check my oil and tires, and with some help, exchange burnt-out lightbulbs. Anything more difficult, I get a mechanic to do. And yes, I'm perfectly happy paying someone 50 Euros to switch my tires from summer to winter and back again, not to mention store the damn things.

But - a gas cap? Seriously? A toddler could "install" that!
          You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

That is a sad, sad woman right there. She makes the rest of us look bad! Cemon, I can put my own gas cap on! I can even *GASP* fuel my own car!! Ooooh, and those little valves on the tires were tricky but I figured them out!!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

A left-drive muffler bearing requiring special tools and expertise?
              Thank you for the trip back to the days when we'd see a new guy at the parts store, and ask for muffler bearings. The older guys there loved watching them look through several parts catalogs, before finally asking them why they couldn't find it in the book.

Comment

Sheesh....even my sisters could install some cheap hubcaps themselves! What a twit.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Automan Empire View Post
                  , listening to this lady blather on about the part and how she thinks someone stole the last one,

No. Bettye bought herself a locking gas cap from me today!
                  Just curious, but was the locking cap a direct replacement, or was it an upgrade from a non-locking cap? If the former, how would someone have stolen the last one?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I, for one, am deeply amused by the delicious irony of stealing someone's locking gas-cap
                    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                      I, for one, am deeply amused by the delicious irony of stealing someone's locking gas-cap
                      You know, I'm not at all sure it was stolen. I'd be willing to put money on the idea that she left it on top of her car after fuelling up one day and it fell off when she drove away. Even relatively clueful people have done that at least once in their life.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

When I was a teen, I had a terrible time remembering to put the gas cap back in. Haven't forgotton one in the last 20 years, though.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I used to have a 93 Mustang LX, and I must have lost 3 gas caps over the time that I owned the car....that is, until I figured out theres a little slot on the inside of the gas door to hold the gas cap. D'oh!

The jeep I have now has the gas cap attached.

Comment

Working...
                          X