This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A funny joke.. NOT!

Theres a guy that always comes in and we all joke around. Today he came in and started demanding a manager. I thought he was kidding but then he said the guy outside called him a porch monkey and he slammed the counter and demanded a manager. Now I know the guy outside would never do that but I yelled for the owner because you never know...

The owner comes up and this guy tells the owner I called him a racial slur and he wants something done about it. Now our shop is small and the owner sits where he can hear EVERYTHING. I tell him I didn't call him anything. The guy says I called him a porch monkey. I told him he is a damn liar.

The guy breaks out in a laugh and says damn I couldn't keep a straight face and leaves. The owner turns around and goes back to his desk. I walked back and told him that the guy always jokes around but that was wrong. The owner told me just be glad the guy couldn't keep a straight face.

WTF? The owner can hear everything, even things we whisper to each other he can hear, how I dunno but he does. He could hear everything being said and yet he was going to believe this guy?

If he would have fired me for that I don't know what I would have done. I bet I would have went to jail because I would have shoved a few displays over and other stuff. Like I told a co-worker, when I told him what happened and that I would have knocked that display and that one over and stormed out. If I got fired for somethng I didn't do might as well go out in a big bang.

Wow...

I like a joke as much as anyone else, but this...

This was not a joke. Jokes are funny. This was not.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

hostile working environment, anyone?
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
        hostile working environment, anyone?
        Doesn't that cover pretty much every work environment that deals with the public?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X