Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now it becomes my fault you didn't bring correct payment.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now it becomes my fault you didn't bring correct payment.

SC on the phone asks about price. He seems decent enough. Not so much in person.

Me: I'll need an ID and a credit card.
    SC: What if I don't have a credit card?
    Me: I'll need a $100 deposit.
    SC: I don't have enough for a depost. This is somethign you should have told me on the phone. I'll go to the Motel 6. You're missing out on <price of room>

SC leaves mumbling to himself using language that would put the AVGN to shame.

SC later returns and pulls out a debit card. Will this work?

We REALLY REALLY need a :facepalm smiley.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Personally I am kinda siding with him. Something like that needs to be mentioned when making the reservations.

Comment

Well, since the first line says that the SC was on the phone, I'm assuming he was calling about a reservation.
      So it's not like he drove all the way there to make one, so he wasn't terribly inconvenienced...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Personally I am kinda siding with him. Something like that needs to be mentioned when making the reservations.
        I seriously doubt that that the SC was completely uninformed...
        If he had called in to make a reservation he'd of needed the plastic at time of reservation and most people would make the jump that if you need a card to hold a room you need a card to pay for it.
        If he was just calling in to make one then, no inconvenience really exists, that's the point of calling around to do research.
        If he was just walking in with no reservation, then yeah, it kind of sucks for him, but once again, that's why you do research.

I do kind of have to feel bad for the guy for being in the situation, but he does have to take some responsibility for not doing his homework first.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Actually, that's really confusing. The SC is on the phone, but then he "leaves", mumbling.

Which is it?

Comment

I read it as the guy called on the phone and liked the price and then came to the hotel. My question is if he didn't have a card or cash how did he expect to pay for it to begin with?
            Manipulating others since 1979.

Not all who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
              Actually, that's really confusing. The SC is on the phone, but then he "leaves", mumbling.

Which is it?
              I think he just called to ask what the price was, then he came in, but didn't make a reservation or ask about payment while he was on the phone.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth The cat whisperer View Post
                I read it as the guy called on the phone and liked the price and then came to the hotel. My question is if he didn't have a card or cash how did he expect to pay for it to begin with?
                He had the money for the room, but not enough cash to cover the deposit as well.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                I think he just called to ask what the price was, then he came in, but didn't make a reservation or ask about payment while he was on the phone.
                Correct. He did not make a reservation over the phone. He did not ask what was required so I assumed he would have a CC.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

We REALLY REALLY need a :facepalm smiley.
                  Nit-pick here, but I believe we do....

Alternately, there's which should work.

But still....gotta love people who do not just get it...
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

There are very few hotels left that will allow a guest to stay without a cc, no matter how much cash deposit you offer. Same with car rentals, and for many of the same reasons.

For many of us hotel workers, we deal with this every day, and it's just as frustrating as arguing with the 20 year-old-looking-guy about needing to show id to buy smokes or booze.
                    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X