This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early check in

Guest: Dave, I am sitting here at the rental house and was told it was not ready and I couldnt get the keys. There is nobody here, Dave and so I am insisting that I be given the keys immediately

Me: well my screen says it is not ready, keys cant be released until 4

Guest: well you know Dave, we had this problem last year where we couldnt get in until 4

Me: well thats the check in time

Guest: (gritting her teeth) I know thats the stinkin check in time. I am just asking for some flexibility here. I have $250 groceries worth of grocery rotting in the car. We had this happen last year and do you know they refused to reimburse us for them because and basically made it seem like we shouldnt have bought groceries before 4 PM.

Me: I am sorry, the place is not ready

Guest: Dave, you told me it's not ready. How can I get in now?

Me: you can't until 4

Guest: NO sir, I drove 10 hours and I have $250 of groceries here in this truck and 2 kids that need naps. This is unacceptable. Why cant I get in?

Me: because the unit is not ready

GUest: If you tell me one more time it's not ready, I am going to rip you a new one

Me: ma'am, I dont know what else to say

Guest: I do.....tell me I can come get my keys

Me: no ma'am because you can't

Guest: ok you are really pissing me off............put your manager on this phone

Me: ok

GUest: by the way, you're a rude son of a bitch...just thought you should know that

Wait, wait, so they did this last year, and didn't learn? No...No, I'm not surprised. Was the unit being cleaned? If so, then perhaps they'd prefer to stay in it with it dirty? Oh then you'd get the complaint of "My unit is filthy! You should've cleaned it first, Dave!" Some people, I swear...Your posts always leave me shaking my head and losing hope for humanity, and yet I thoroughly enjoy them!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Hell he posted about it last year. If the drive was 10 hours and she got there long enough before 4 to get groceries and have them go bad she had to have left home at like 3 in the morning! Sleep in next year bitch.

Comment

You know, I used to get really irritated every time I read one of VCS' stories. I mean honestly, what kind of people would...but they...before?????...I...AAAAHHH.....

But now I just laugh. Silly people, thinking that rules don't apply to them.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
          Guest: (gritting her teeth) I know thats the stinkin check in time. I am just asking for some flexibility here. I have $250 groceries worth of grocery rotting in the car. We had this happen last year and do you know they refused to reimburse us for them because and basically made it seem like we shouldnt have bought groceries before 4 PM.
          Response: So you knew you wouldn't be able to check in before 4 pm, and you still bought groceries, knowing they would go bad?

Comment

At least there's a precedent. Last year they didn't get a reimbursement, this year - same treatment.

Comment

I just don't understand why she expected to get access to it earlier. Its okay to hope that you can get into something earlier. It's okay to ask if you can get into something earlier. But she assumed and demanded.

Comment

The post if so full of fail. The CS made too many plans on the assumption that they could get an early checkin. It's great if it's possible, but don't go buying perishables if you're not sure you have a place to store them.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

this is just like what happens to me on a delivery. we get back one of those customer surveys. EVERYTHING is great but they ding us for one little thing:

promise time: 30 minutes
                  actual delivery time: 28 minutes

actual customer comment: my pizza was not delivered on time.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It's a person like that you'd almost want to say "check-in is at 5" after you tell them four, and then when they correct you by saying "but check-in is at 4!" just reply "exactly".

Comment

Working...
                    X