This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m Rubber and You are Glue…

It’s a brutally wet and rainy day, and I’ve only been on shift for about 10 minutes when the radio pipes up.

“Base to impound, we’re releasing the silver PT Cruiser”

The trucks and impounded cars share the same lot at work, cars on the right as you walk in and tow trucks on the left, separated by a wide patch of gravel. Since no one else seems to be around at the moment, I get out of the truck and head over to open the gate, hoping I don’t get soaked too badly. Bout’ a minute later, an elderly oriental lady walks up.

Me - Are you here for the Cruiser
    Her - Yes, and I curse you
    Me - Excuse me?
    Her - You tow my car?
    Me - Me? No, I’ve only been here for about 10 minutes
    Her - Well, I curse whoever do this to me, I curse them!

Okay, whatever, I open the gate and show her where her car is, and since I figure she won’t be much trouble and I don’t want to get drenched, I jump back in my truck.

She gets to her car, starts it up, and starts backing up, and keeps on backing up, and backing up, and backing up, she’s out of her space by at least 3 car lengths now, plenty of room to cut the wheel and pull out, but the reverse lights stay hot. She keeps heading for my side of the lot, and the room between her and the back of truck 17 to my left is rapidly running out. I don’t believe it! She’s going to tag one of those trucks! I open the door and get out to flag her down, but as soon as my feet hit the ground, her brake lights come on, with only six inches to spare between her and the back of 17. “Whew, that was close” I think, then the reverse lights blaze white again, and she proceeded to put the tow claw on the back of 17 through her rear windshield. The hook on it for attaching the tire straps proved more than sharp enough to reduce it to a sea of pebbled safety glass shards.

15 minutes later, after the cops and manager had come and gone for the resulting paperwork, all I could think was “Your cursing skills need some work”

The cop also had to restrain himself from laughing when she tried to argue she couldn’t see the ROW OF TRUCKS she hit. She was further disappointed that it would be HER insurance and not OURS that would have to get her a new window. She actually thought we’d have to pay for it…..
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Excellent self-ownage! Bbbuwwhaha~
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

It wouldn't suprise me that, with her thinking that you'd have to pay for it, that she did it on purpose.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
        It wouldn't suprise me that, with her thinking that you'd have to pay for it, that she did it on purpose.

That she did it on purpose was the thought that came to my mind too.

Comment

of course she did it on purpose. jeez. What a loser.

Comment

I REALLY hope she did it on purpose because that is about the dumbest thing I've heard all week
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

If she didn't do it on purpose, she certainly didn't do anything to dispell the stereotype of asian/women drivers...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X