Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why people carry that kind of cash around, either. The only time I ever had big bills on any regular basis was way back when I used to cash my paycheck at work, before I had direct deposit. Store employees can cash them out of the register, and sometimes you have to take what you can get. When I was head cashier, I would usually change out the bigger bills later if someone wanted me to, but most people didn't bother.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Actually it was really funny today, some lady stood at my GAS STATION register where we're not ALLOWED to keep 20s in the drawer and produced a 100 dollar bill. I looked at it and went, "Um, nope, I don't have enough change for that." And she looked at me with this weird face like, "How dare you not have enough change for this!" and said, "Well you'll just have to take it because I don't have anything smaller." And I'm thinking, lady, if you want to give me a tip of 90 dollars, you just put that little ol' thing down here.

I sent her to the other register, which pissed her off even more but it made me happy as a clam.

Comment

Working...
      X