Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you're never going to shop with us again because...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you're never going to shop with us again because...

Had a quick one today. Lady came through, insisted that some dip was incorrectly priced. She went and checked it TWICE, insisting it was the correct price. In the end, because I could not magically pull a member of the right department to my register, we went to the service desk. She then wanted the SM's name and said she was going to complain because she's had it happen so many times.

I go on break and am waiting for a checkseal and guess what...someone's standing there explaining the dips to us and to this lady. Turns out that she had one right dip, one wrong dip. But apparaently "the sign was over the dip". I kid you not, she even tried to prove it to my poor CW. We still gave it to her for free (because we were flat out, MOD was off god-knows-where...no it was not a scanning policy) but she said she was never going to shop with us again!

So...let me get this straight. She's not shopping with us again because she can't read a sign? o.O

Anyone else been told that they'll never shop somewhere for some obscure reason?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    Anyone else been told that they'll never shop somewhere for some obscure reason?
    I get that all the time. Folk will call in, admit up front that they have damaged their remote/TV/DVD etc. by doing something incredibly stupid, such as spilling nail polish remover all over said product, I'll explain that isn't covered my the manufacturer's warranty and give them and out of warranty repairs number, and they will flip out on me, screaming about how this isn't how you treat a customer and that they'll never buy anything from us again...

Stupid is not a manufacturing defect, people, sorry!
    If brains were gunpowder some would not have enough to blow their nose off!! ~RobertM

Getting married for the cake is like getting arrested for the free photo. ~ EvilEmpryss

Comment

Conversation repeated many many times when I worked at blockbuster:

SC: I can't find a copy of <new release> on VHS
      Me: There are no VHS copies, they don't make them anymore.
      SC: Well fuck you then. From now on, I'm only going to <competitor>!
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Sauletekis View Post
        Stupid is not a manufacturing defect, people, sorry!
        It most certainly is!

And as soon as I find the corporate number for God/Mother Nature/Flying Spaghetti moster/Great Green Arkleseizure/what-have-you I'm gonna demand an immediate recall, and also compensation for the inconvenience!
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
          And as soon as I find the corporate number for God/Mother Nature/Flying Spaghetti moster/Great Green Arkleseizure/what-have-you I'm gonna demand an immediate recall, and also compensation for the inconvenience!

That is brilliant! Good luck with that! Maybe we can bring a class action lawsuit? I am sure plenty of folk in this forum would be able to put in a claim for many of the customers we have to deal with.
          If brains were gunpowder some would not have enough to blow their nose off!! ~RobertM

Getting married for the cake is like getting arrested for the free photo. ~ EvilEmpryss

Comment

This thread is starting to remind me of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268437/

Comment

I once had a guy who wanted me to charge him less... just.... well, because. He didn't want to pay the full price for it....

No.

Well, I won't use it then!!! (same thing as 'I'll go elsewhere', but different cos of what I do).

Yeap! I really care.......... :yawn:
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

SC: Well fuck you then. From now on, I'm only going to <competitor>!
                Well, all I can say to that SC is good luck! They don't make VHS anymore, so you're not going to find them there, either.
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Let's see...why did people refuse to ever shop again at the Bullseye...

- for being out of a specific brand of sunscreen, on a holiday weekend in a tourist/beach town

- for not giving rainchecks on seasonal merchandise (especially Christmas trees and patio furniture)

- for not being able to honor rainchecks that were given anyways, because we didn't have any left

- for not being able to do a return on an item we no longer carried, without a receipt/with an expired receipt

- for not being able to do a return on an opened CD/DVD/game

- for not being able to do a return on an item over $100/$40/$20 (it changed over time) without a receipt

- for not returning obviously-worn shoes

- for not being able to do anything about a lost gift card, with no paperwork (like a card # or receipt) provided

- for not being able to re-issue a lost gift card instantly even if the guest had the paperwork (that was done through mail by corporate)

Actually, just about any time a return was refused or an item was out of stock. Or anything involving me saying some variation of "I'm sorry" or "no" or "I can't do that" at the service desk.
                  It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                    Well, all I can say to that SC is good luck! They don't make VHS anymore, so you're not going to find them there, either.
                    I know somebody who makes VHS copies of DVD movies. His disabled son keeps damaging DVDs but can handle VHS fine.

And as of a few years ago, it's no longer illegal to make one VHS copy of a DVD as long as you still own the original DVD.

Comment

It most certainly is!

Yeah! Just because He created the universe (the aforementioned for comedic purposes only!) doesn't mean he gets to slack off on the quality control.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Yeah! Just because He created the universe (the aforementioned for comedic purposes only!) doesn't mean he gets to slack off on the quality control.
                        The problem is, He spent 5 and a half days making Australia and knocked the rest together at the last minute.

Comment

Having Christmas decorations in the store before halloween. It was SOOOO outrageous she never ever wanted to return.

Comment

I had some asshat get pissy because he put down two Snapple teas and when I told him the price he argued with me that they were on sale and I looked at my sale card and looked at the register and said, "Um...no." And he literally yelled at me and I said, "Look, if it doesn't ring up as a sale on the register, then it's not on sale."

He insisted that there was a sign back there, and I said, "Well that's just not possible, it wasn't on sale last month either."

I went back after he left (I didn't give him any price deduction just because I was a bitch that day and I knew I was right) and there WAS a sign...but it was for LIPTON teas. And LIPTON was in huge white letters. What a dumbass.

I once gave a guy a discount on cigars because he was really scary and I thought he was going to kill me. He thought a tag was for them when it wasn't, it was for another product.

Comment

We have a website where you can get stuff shipped to the store for free. Too bad that the policy says you can't return computers or computer components through the store. Now, computer components technically cover keyboards so I refused to take back the keyboard. The guy threw a fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X