• the # of cars already parked in the garage when I got to work
    • the # of spots to reserve
    • limited first come first serve non-reserved parking

Visitor parking was reserved after a while

me: me
    sg: sucky guy

me: "Hi, how can I help you?"
    sg: "I'm here to drop something off & fill out some paperwork"
    me: "I'm sorry, I understand you are here to drop something off & fill out some paperwork. Unfortunately I do not have any parking spots available for anyone. Every parking spot is already reserved & already paid for, & I am not allowed to give access to anyone not on the guest list."
    sg: "But I will only be here for a couple of minutes *yeah...riight&* & I just want to park."
    me: "I'm sorry, I understand you will only be here for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately according to dept. regulations, I am not allowed to let anyone park in a reserved spot for someone else."
    sg: "Look... I just want to park. I got a ticket for not paying the meter & meter parking is full"
    me:
    "I'm sorry, but if I cannot help you, I will have to call my manager"
    sg: "Come on"
    me: "One moment please"

I close the window & call the Parking office. "Nancy" answers the phone, & I tell her the following
    • I do not have any non-reserved spots
    • the guy at the window has asked me a couple of times for an exception
    • I said no
    • he will not leave

As I am talking to her on the phone, I see a car exit. I tell her that, & I ask her if she wants me to go ahead & raise the gate.

*when Visitor Parking/Community Relations was over the garage, I was told that if someone exited, leaving a non-reserved spot open, to let the person at the window park. That happened when I was dealing with difficult customers, & I was told to raise the gate for the customer to park*

"Nancy" told me she will speak to him. I open the window, & I say "my manager will speak to you." He looks annoyed. Oh well.

He tells her the following...
    • he is here to drop something off & fill out paperwork
    • he wants to park in Visitor parking
    • meter parking is full
    • he received a ticket for not paying the meter

I hear him say "I have to park in other assigned parking. What other assigned parking?"

He leaves.

Apparently word got out to several students that I was not allowing anyone to park. Several students drove up to the booth window & asked "Are we not allowed to park today?". I told them "unfortunately, according to the parking office, the garage is reserved, & I am not allowed to give access to anyone not on the guest list."

Um, if he already received a ticket for not paying at the metered parking, doesn't that mean that:
    A) there was at least one spot at the metered parking, and that
    B) he parked there, didn't pay, and got ticketed?
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X