This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No wonder you got fired

So this story was relayed to me by the boyfriend. I'll share it cuz it made me giggle. By the way, the person involved in this is a former employee, but when this happened, she'd already lost her job so I figured I should put it here.

I'll call her Horse-face. She was fired for offenses such as, repeatedly wearing the wrong uniform, showing up hours late for work, and just generally being useless. She showed up the other day to get her final paycheck at around 12:30. Problem is, this is a restaurant, and it's the middle of the lunch rush. It's the store policy that no one can pick up their pay check before 2:00 because it's just too busy.

The bf tells her she'll have to wait a minute because he's in the middle of something and she freaks out and demands her check now now now!! BF walks away to do work stuff and a few minutes later catches her in the managers office digging through the pile of paychecks trying to find hers.

BF: What the hell do you think you're doing?!
    HF: Getting my paycheck!
    BF: You don't work here. You're trespassing, get out!
    HF: I'm not trespassing.
    BF: You were fired, correct?
    HF: Well yeah-
    BF: That means you're not an employee, and customers aren't allowed back here. GTFO!

The bf then informed her that she was completely BANNED from the store and to never ever come back. She has a friend who works their still, and this chick is dumb so we'll see what happens.

On the bright side, the bf just came out of his Assistant Manager training and has been assigned to his store for all of a week and a half and already corporate is noticing the significant increase in producitivity and sales. He's such a good worker (yes, I'm bragging now. I'm sorry.)
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Quoth NightWatch View Post
    BF: What the hell do you think you're doing?!
    HF: Getting my paycheck!
    BF: You don't work here. You're trespassing, get out!
    HF: I'm not trespassing.
    BF: You were fired, correct?
    HF: Well yeah-
    BF: That means you're not an employee, and customers aren't allowed back here. GTFO!
    HF didn't think she was trespassing? What about committing a crime by touching the company's payroll, even if she was only getting her last check? She could have been back there stealing other employees' checks.

By the way, since she was banned, did she ever get her last check, or did someone have to mail it to her? You never did say, and you know you can't leave this a cliffhanger.

Comment

Wow, what a twit. No wonder she got fired.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yeah, he gave her the paycheck and told her to gtfo of his store. He's one of those people that's scary to make angry cuz he's normally so playful. He's got that crazy eye.
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Horse-Face is damned lucky he didn't detain her and call the cops. I know that's what I'd do if I found someone in the back office pawing through the payroll. Especially if it was someone who had just been fired!

Comment

Both the behaviour and applied moniker sound like an ex.......wouldn't be in nebraska would ya?=P

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
              Horse-Face is damned lucky he didn't detain her and call the cops.
              No kidding! What's scary, is it seems as though she did not feel she was doing anything wrong!

She definitely sounds like she's a few bricks short of a load.
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                Horse-Face is damned lucky he didn't detain her and call the cops. I know that's what I'd do if I found someone in the back office pawing through the payroll. Especially if it was someone who had just been fired!
                That's for sure--considering that we're just around the corner from the station, a cop wouldn't take long to get here.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                X