This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Should Fix Your Attitude! (Long)

Good evening/morning! Just a couple tales from the c-store tonight! These didn't happen to me, but to my co-worker, L. On busy nights, we have three people--one in the kitchen, one on the main register, and one that goes back and forth between the kitchen and the second register as needed. L was working second register tonight, and man did she have a couple of total SC's! The first occurred when L's son came to get her truck to work on it, and had his own truck parked at the gas pumps because he'd gotten gas. I was ringing another lady up, let's call her snobby rich biotch (SRB), and the following conversation took place between SRB & L:

L: **notes that her son left his truck parked at the pumps** He needs to move his truck **sighs**
    SRB: I don't think it's going to go much further. Did you hear it? That little red truck, is that hte one? It's so noisy! **goes on and on**
    L: That's my son's.
    SRB: Oh! **in a very snobby tone** Well what's the matter, MOTHER? Can't you afford to buy him a muffler?
    L: **looks at her in stunned silence in between ringing up another guy, then, after a few minutes** Well I guess if people don't like it, THEY can buy one for him.
    SRB: **gets shocked look on her face, leaves**
    ME: **shaking head**
    L: **after all customers have left the store** Who was she?
    ME: I don't know, but she was a b*tch!

Honestly...Most people would've said "Oh, I'm sorry." once they realized they were putting down someone's CHILD right in front of them. I guess she was too high-and-mighty to care! Also, L's son's truck HAD a muffler, but the b*tch didn't know it! Anyway, on to the next story. I didn't witness this one, but was told about it after it happened. L said she saw a guy at the pump, struggling to get his card to work, and eventually he ended up choosing to pay inside. When he came in, he forcibly threw his credit card across the counter at her. Attitude Man (AM). The conversation, if it may be called that, was something like this:

AM: You should fix your pump!
    L: I apologize, sir. We've been having problems off and on today because of the weather. Our credit cards at the pump and on our main registers run on satelite.
    AM: **angrily** Well you'd better f*ckin' fix it!
    L: **apologizes again as she completes the transaction**
    AM: You'd better fuckin' fix it! **Bigger city just south of the town I work in** is ten cents cheaper than here on gas, and I might just get my gas there!!!eleventy!!!
    L: **handing him back his card** Number one, I am not the maintenance man. Number two, I have no control over the machines here, and number three, you are more than welcome to get your gas in **bigger city**.
    AM: **cat butt face and leaves**

Sigh. I feel so bad that L had to have such horrible customers tonight, but at least she held her own. I swear, people are just getting worse and worse!! I'd bet money that the guy that was b*tching about fixing the machines just put his card in the reader wrong at the pump. All he had to do was nicely ask for help, and we'd have gladly done it. In fact, I rather enjoy walking out, popping someone's credit card in and out of the slot at the pump, and watching their face when it **gasp** actually works! It gives me just a bit of joy to see the combination of shock, confusion, and denial, and I smile for a bit as I go back inside the store. Unfortunately, AM chose to throw his card and be a dick, so no help for him. Oh well. There's always tomorrow night! I'll be sure & let y'all know if we have any interesting events then! Until then, goodnight, and I apologize for the length of my post!

~Bren~
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
    L: **handing him back his card** Number one, I am not the maintenance man. Number two, I have no control over the machines here, and number three, you are more than welcome to get your gas in **bigger city**.
    AM: **cat butt face and leaves**
    We did that at the thrift store. Several times.

Some lady was going on abut how she wanted to get the new sheets (we had some new stuff too) for cheaper, and how she could get them for cheaper at <some other store> (I think it was Macy's? if so...) The manager I found said that she was welcome to go there if she felt she could get a better deal.

My favorite, though, was when somebody was going on and on about paying 25 cents for a spoon. Normal, average spoon that you'd eat cereal with, 25 cents.
    This person was having none of it. Our reaction was basically "Ok, guess you don't get a spoon today!". We exchanged faces to each other later, I'm sure.

I miss that job sometimes. Not one manager was spineless. At. All.

Glad your CW handled everything so well.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Some people pay lots of money for those performance mufflers that sound loud. Should've played it up and told the lady "Oh, that truck actually has a (insert gobbledygook here) performance XYZ racing engine and can go 0-80 in 3-seconds; it's supposed to sound like that, it's a VERY expensive engine."
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Some people pay lots of money for those performance mufflers that sound loud.
        And many areas are passing by-laws prohibiting them. Buyer beware, it's not the auto-parts shop's job to tell you if your after-market shinies are street-legal.
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
          When he came in, he forcibly threw his credit card across the counter at her.
          I have read many times in this forum of customers throwing their credit card or money at a cashier. Has anyone ever dodged the missle, letting it fly behind them to land on the floor, or wherever? Then ignored it and asked the customer for payment, pretending they didn't see the credit card fly by? (This wasn't a scene in Clerks, was it? I haven't watched it yet.)
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Wow, you handled it very well with that snotty bitch insulting your son and that asshat ranting and raving at you over something you had no control over !
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
            X