This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Wha Wha

It was the end of the night, and pretty much all of the customers were out. Everyone except for a lady and her friend, who were sat on the sofas finishing off their drinks. I am wandering around cleaning tables, just waiting for them to finish up and leave.

I walk over to the empty table next to them, and see a full pint of lager left unattended. It looked as though it had been there for some time, as it was flat and horrible. I turned to the lady, and asked:

Me: Excuse me, do you know if this drink belongs to anyone?

She didn't respond...and I KNOW she heard me. No matter, it was past closing and they were the only two people in the pub, so I took the flat pint of lager and poured it down the sink. About a minute later, a gentleman appears from no where.

Gentleman: Excuse me, did you clear a full pint from that table?
    Me: Oh, I did, sorry, I thought you had gone.
    Gentleman: Oh dear...
    Me: Normally I would replace the drink right away, but we are closed now. I am sorry.
    Gentleman: Oh...

I recognised the guy as a regular.

Me: I'll tell you what, I'm here for the next three nights, if you come back in I'll get you a drink on the house to replace it.
    Gentleman: Oh...OK, thanks!

The gentleman left without fuss. Next thing I know, the lady that ignored me comes barging up to me.

SC: Excuse me!! You took that man's drink!! A full pint!! I saw you, you took it!
    Me: Yes, and I explained to him...
    SC: I work in pubs myself you know! That is NOT the correct way of dealing with it! You should have replaced his drink!
    Me: It is past closing. If I had replaced it, all the staff would have been sat around waiting for him to finish.
    SC: You stole his drink! I saw you! I saw you!
    Me: *sighs* This is none of your business. Can you finish up your drink? We are closed.
    SC: You stole a drink, and you didn't replace it. If you were in my pub you would be fired!

At this point, I am ready to punch her in the face. My boss walked out from the back room with the keys, ready to lock up. Turns out, the SC knew my boss, because she called her by name.

SC: *Boss!!* *Boss!!* I want a word with you! Come over hear!

The SC dragged my boss away from me where I couldn't hear. I saw the SC pointing at me several times, and waving her arms. I went over.

SC: ...and he didn't even apologise or anything!
    Me: Excuse me! I did apologise! I told him if he came back when I was on duty I would sort him out a drink!
    SC: It doesn't change the fact you stole his drink!
    Me: I did nothing of the sort. I took an unattended, old, flat drink away after we had closed. I even asked you if it belonged to anyone, and you didn't answer.
    SC: I didn't answer because it was none of my concern! You should have been watching your customers and should have known it belonged to someone!
    Me: And how is it your concern now?
    SC:

My boss jumped in. She could tell we were about ready to punch each other.

Boss: Right, *SC*, its time for you to go. Customersruinmylife, carry on what you were doing.

Boss led SC to the door and locked it behind her.

Boss: She used to be a manager here. Now you know why I got rid of her.
    Me:

She used to work in my pub?? Jesus!! I also found out she works in the rival pub across the street now. I am going to go over there and do something similar to her! This means WAR!

Wow....gotta love the people who are also "in the biz" and try to tell you how to do their job!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      Wow....gotta love the people who are also "in the biz" and try to tell you how to do their job!
      Or the ones that claim to be (which is more often than not 90% of the time). I'm surprised that this claim was for real. CRML, please do wage some serious war on that SC and DO tell us all about it! Your boss rocks by the way!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

If that bitch comes back, I'd tell her to go drink at her own bar.

"I'm sorry, fail bitches like you aren't served here. Leave."
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          I am going to go over there and do something similar to her! This means WAR!
          I'd advise against that. Just sit back and watch as she loses her job at the other pub through her own stupidity.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
            I'd advise against that. Just sit back and watch as she loses her job at the other pub through her own stupidity.
            I second that motion. All you need is for this hysterical twit to start a back and forth war between your pubs before she's sacked too.

What a piece of work she is.
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Hmm, so if she heard you ask for who's drink it was, it also stands to reason she was perfectly capable of hearing when you told the gentleman you'd replace the drink. Selective much? Don't think I'd go drinking at her pub!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Man. That takes "I know your boss" to a whole new level.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  She used to work in my pub?? Jesus!! I also found out she works in the rival pub across the street now. I am going to go over there and do something similar to her! This means WAR!
                  I think you should not go across the street. Instead, send all for your SCs over there, after telling them their sucky behavior is accepted over there. Then watch the fun.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    I think you should not go across the street. Instead, send all for your SCs over there, after telling them their sucky behavior is accepted over there. Then watch the fun.
                    Evil! Me likey!

Comment

Rather than starting a war. Just go over there, order a drink and sit there and watch her....all night.......Just stare at her. Dont say anything and dont do anything. You will be amazed how frazzled people become when they are being stared at

Oh, and Ironclad Alibi is right - send all your SC's to her
                      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                        Rather than starting a war. Just go over there, order a drink and sit there and watch her....all night.......Just stare at her. Dont say anything and dont do anything. You will be amazed how frazzled people become when they are being stared at

Oh, and Ironclad Alibi is right - send all your SC's to her
                        And now I remember. Bookshop Sketch. Monty Python.

"Funny, he sent me over here....."
                        "Did he?"

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                          Evil! Me likey!
                          See, what you're aiming for here is called 'plausible deniability'. She can't actually accuse you of wrongdoing if you're sending more customers to her place of employment, now can she?

It's called 'killing 'em with kindness', and I'm an EXPERT at that.
                          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            Yes! I love this idea!

Comment

send all your sucky customers over, and tell them

"you didnt hear this from me, but I heard that there's a sale over at (evil lady's), bar, buy 2 beers get one free."

Comment

Working...
                              X