Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not technically a customer...but still my encounter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably use IV tubing and medical tape.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Dips, do you work for the State or IT department? You just replied w/ 3 acronyms.. and sadly enough I know what those are.

Ack.

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

No, I don't work for the state. I've just spent a lot of time in hospitals. Twelve years in research (nowhere near patients) and 10 years as the mother of a child with chronic, serious medical issues that took us into the ED more times than I can remember.

I'm very surprised that an ED wouldn't have a protocol in place to deal with a situation where a child is putting himself and others in danger. An ED is a very dangerous environment for an unsupervised child. Not to mention the danger to others.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          Thats...just...wow. I think I would have lost it on the kid. Or played-up the injury, but I'm sure the mother would have been even more pleased at her daughter's violence.

That mom has to remember...her care will be in her daughter's hands someday, and her little sweetling might just decide to take her out like a baby seal rather than waste money on a nursing home!

I never thought about sucky customers in a hospital before. Ick.
          Things I learned from my Patients, ER

this is sort of a customers suck thread for ER personnel =)
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
            The kid is gonna grow up to be a spoiled brat, and then one day down the line reality is gonna smack that kid in the face so hard...
            Either that, or she'll piss off the wrong kid
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              Things I learned from my Patients, ER

this is sort of a customers suck thread for ER personnel =)
              I love that site, and lurk on a regular basis. I enjoy hospital and cop stories. Something in the dark humor of it pleases my dark heart makes me laugh.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                What the hell is wrong with a parent where she encourages her kid for hitting another human being?
                I'm sure what goes around will come around. This stupid harpy who encourages her little girl to hit other people will eventually become the little brat's punching bag. And of course, she'll have no idea why...

Speaking as a parent, I am appalled at how some people raise their kids. Hell, you may as well book the kid's prison cell now!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                X