This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I get REALLY mad....

...I have a tell.... Now people who don't know me, normally don't notice... but when I get really mad... all that back woods hick ville accent I have worked hard on not using any more, comes back full force. Can't help it...it just happens, and I don't even know when it does until someone points it out to me. Now yesterday didn't have any BIG BAD moments... Just a lot of little things that piled up and piled up to the point where when I got home last night the BEAU was laughing his ass off cause he could barely understand what I was saying. He said I sounded like I was coming off the Deep South. ...Which made me more upset.

I showed up to work on time. But they kept paging me to come up front. I did not because I was shopping and was not on the clock for 5 more min. So when I do report they yell at me, until I point out that I was not on the clock. Then they surprise me with "Oh we are not putting you in the Fitting room today, You get to be on Register"... I hate register. Specially on Tuesdays...Senior days....*shudder*
    On a side note... I like the fitting rooms... you see when I am in the Fitting rooms I usually only deal with people who need one of 5 things.
    1-try on clothes
    2-put things on hold
    3-go potty
    4-look at toys
    5-ask me directions.
    Even the annoying bits fall under those categories.
    On register however.... you get to deal with EVERYONE. So I start off a little irked that they switched me with out telling me. They know I do not like register. So right off the bat I have to deal with one lady with her $200+ purchase while everyone else gets pissy in line cause we only had 3 cashiers. Then some lady went off on me cause I cant do returns on my register ((only the registers in the box can)) She DEMANDED I do a return for her because she had been waiting in line for 5 FUCKING HOURS!!!!!!TWAT!!!!! my manager just told me to go ahead since i had that nice big purchase a little bit ago.
    Some guy gave me $35 worth of $1's to over load my drawer... >< while another guy demanded I give him all $20's back for his $80 change... since he had to pay with a $100 bill....>< I had 3 $20's.... He told me to go get another one and I handed him two $10's closed my drawer and said "Sorry I'm not authorized to do that"...while thinking "Shut up and die"
    And all day I got to deal with Seniors who think that the 10% we offer them off on Tuesdays is their GOD GIVEN RIGHT and not something nice our company offers. I had one couple who wanted me to give them 20% off cause they were both over 55. I politely told them to get bent. and they bitched and moaned the whole transaction.

Part of the evil of working register is that I also have to be on the sales floor when I am not needed to ring. Which means dealing with (as I am sure you know) all forms of EWs and Ass faces. Once such ass called out across the store "HEY!" now... I have no way of knowing this was directed at me, since there are many people, and I am literally ACROSS THE STORE from him. He proceeded to shout several more times. I was just turning around to see who this neanderthal was yelling at when he DOG WHISTLES AT ME. and says "You girl! Come here!" I smile and Sort of yell back "Is there anything I can help you with sir?" He heaves a big sigh and makes a show of WALKING over to where I am.... only to ask a stupid question. For which there really was no answer...and so I was STUPID cause I didn't know.
    Then some .... ew (lower case cause she wasn't like RAGING EW) Wanted to measure pots. So she sent me in search of a measuring tape. and yelled at me as I walked away to look for it "Oh and be a good girl and FETCH me a cart while you're at it!"

Now... "could you please grab me a cart" or "If you wouldn't mind grabbing a cart if you see one" fine. But FETCH!? really?
    Then she made me stand around for 20 min and measure pots for her...and after we were done she tracked me down 5 more times to ask me the price..even after I told her many times we label all the pots on the INSIDE... she just couldn't find the sticker... even though it was CLEARLY VISIBLE if she had looked inside.((these pots do not have lids... they are big ceramic garden pots))

..I also had to do 2 Rehab Vouchers. Now i have been working at Dress for Less for 2 years..in that time I have NEVER EVER done one of those things... I had no idea what I had to do...so I had to call a manager to walk me through the first one. And the whole time she was just condescending and kept saying "I can't believe you know KNOW how to do this! It's basic training!"...forgetting that my register training when I started was "Here is your register! GOOD LUCK!"
    So that took FOREVER...and made me take my break almost an hour late...which does not lend for a happy me.

...*sigh* sorry it's so long... there was a lot of other little annoying things... but those are the one's that stand out... I just needed to let off some steam...
    Last edited by Red_Dazes; 07-15-2009, 08:34 PM. Reason: ..spelling errors... ><
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
    And the whole time she was just condescending and kept saying "I can't believe you know KNOW how to do this! It's basic training!"...forgetting that my register training when I started was "Here is your register! GOOD LUCK!"
    And that's when you tell the twat, "Well, if I had ever actually been trained on register, then I would have known it."

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had about the same register training. Then they kept calling me up to run it, even though I'd screw something fairly major up every single time (not even on purpose), and someone would have to come over and help me.

I kept saying that if they wanted someone to run the damn thing correctly, they could stop calling me. They didn't.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
        ...I have a tell.... Now people who don't know me, normally don't notice... but when I get really mad... all that back woods hick ville accent I have worked hard on not using any more, comes back full force. Can't help it...it just happens, and I don't even know when it does until someone points it out to me. Now yesterday didn't have any BIG BAD moments... Just a lot of little things that piled up and piled up to the point where when I got home last night the BEAU was laughing his ass off cause he could barely understand what I was saying. He said I sounded like I was coming off the Deep South. ...Which made me more upset.
        Li'l Sis does the same thing. When she starts sounding like Scarlet O'Hera, we know she's pissed. Come to think of it, I do that some myself. Weird.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I'm the same way. For the most part, so many years of choir and voice training has eliminated any trace of an accent. However, the Texan drawl comes out and everyone knows I'm pissed. Kinda funny, actually. According to my best friend who witnessed an argument between me and some classmates over something trivial in HS. (Can't even remember what it was, but I DO recall they were trying to make me do all the work. Think it was a group project, maybe)

She says I drawled out "Now, y'all need ta understa-yund sumthin here" And they all visibly straightened up and took a step back. I don't recall this, mind you, but she says it's one of the funniest things to hear me go Texan and curse.

EQ's heard me get upset to the point the accent comes out. Mostly after my apartment was robbed, methinks. She thinks it's hilarious, too, if I recall. Dunno why, but apparently it is...who knew?

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
            Li'l Sis does the same thing. When she starts sounding like Scarlet O'Hera, we know she's pissed. Come to think of it, I do that some myself. Weird.
            Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
            I'm the same way. For the most part, so many years of choir and voice training has eliminated any trace of an accent. However, the Texan drawl comes out and everyone knows I'm pissed.

*mr snippy was here*

She says I drawled out "Now, y'all need ta understa-yund sumthin here" And they all visibly straightened up and took a step back. I don't recall this, mind you, but she says it's one of the funniest things to hear me go Texan and curse.
            Haha! Glad I'm not the only one! Beau said that I was going off with "Ain't so fucin hard to figgre!" and that sort, He said every word I used was under two syllables and anything that wasn't I broke it down nice. The weird thing is, is where I was raised no one (except the old timers) really talked that way... I mean my Mother and Pa would some times say Crik, instead of Creek... but other than that.... so I really don't know where it comes from... but it sure as hell gets people to stop if they have been talking to me for more than a minute and it just suddenly POPS! and I cant even tell... I swear I am talking my perfect enunciated English.... LOL
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
              EQ's heard me get upset to the point the accent comes out. Mostly after my apartment was robbed, methinks. She thinks it's hilarious, too, if I recall. Dunno why, but apparently it is...who knew?
              I can't tell you why this is, but it's always funny to hear someone drop into their "home" accent. And the more their current accent is different from their home accent, the funnier it is.

I have a co-worker who grew up in Wales, but has been in the US for the last 30 years. You'd never know she wasn't raised in California unless she's either pissed off, or she's been speaking with her relatives back home.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Lol. I turn into a big Southern-drawl guy when I'm mad too, lol. The latest occurrence?

I'm preparing to relieve the CS cashier, till bag in hand, waiting for her to ring up her final customer. Now, Idiot FES was on the 2nd CS register, and since she was leaving at the same time, also tilled out. Let me point out that there is a LINE of customers for CS and the other registers. That means, until the woman I relieve tills out and I till in, there is NO ONE for CS. So, I'm already annoyed at FES, when our friendly SC arrives on the scene.

SC: [rhetorically speaking to me] Can the other registers do returns and exchanges?
                Me: No, sir.
                SC: So you can only do it here?
                Me: Yes, sir...
                SC: How long will it take [or something similar]
                Me: Sir, I'll be with you as soon as I can; I still need to till into the register.
                SC: Well, that's just great, nice customer service you have here!
                Me: [sudden drawl] Well, thank ya, sur. Glad that-we canna help...

Red, what in blazes is a 'Rehab Voucher'? I've done just about every CS possible, but never heard of that....

Comment

I know how that goes with the accent. I'm NC born an' raised but you wouldn't know it unless I get riled. My friends get the biggest kick out of it when I drop back into "home speak" as they call it but they know that when I get to the point of deep drawl that they need to head for cover 'cause I'm about to lay low with some major 'grab someone and make them wish they were elsewhere'. I get real bad driving in Seattle traffic, I think a lot of the yahoos out here got their DL's from Crackerjack box tops.

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                    Red, what in blazes is a 'Rehab Voucher'? I've done just about every CS possible, but never heard of that....
                    I'd assume it's one of those coupons or gift certificates given out to "save" a customer who had a "bad" experience.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

My mom shares your accent problem, but hers is a Mexican accent. She is a very nice neutral accent brought on by working on an Army base for most of her professional life. But if she got to the point of true rage, it's Tejano time!
                      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post

It's pretty much for people who are on welfare or work source, They are getting $$ from the government while they find a job. We'll the particular program (I don't know the exact name) Allots them about $70 a month for shopping for the necessities of clothes. So they get to come in, find the clothes they want. Then we have to fill out a form detailing What every single item is, how much it is, when they came in with it. etc. We ring up their things in Training Mode so it's not an actual purchase. Print 2 receipts. They get one along with a copy of the Form, which they bring to... what ever magical gods... or government employees give them money. We hold the clothes for 30 days, so they can be approved, and then someone from the Government company shows up and purchases the stuff if it gets approved.

It's a long complicated process... but I guess it all works out...

I also don't know if it is a company wide thing or just a Washington thing...
                        -Red

Comment

I think that's a Washington thing, cuz I've never witnessed that in my 2 yrs there...

Ugh, what I do hate are doing tax manifests for our foreign customers. It wickedly holds up our lines all the time...

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                            My mom shares your accent problem, but hers is a Mexican accent. She is a very nice neutral accent brought on by working on an Army base for most of her professional life. But if she got to the point of true rage, it's Tejano time!
                            Wouldnt that be tejana? or am i getting my endings screwed up? or isnt she a she?
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                              Ugh, what I do hate are doing tax manifests for our foreign customers. It wickedly holds up our lines all the time...
                              Oh yarg! I hate the big blue book of taxes....><

By the by... Happy True Blue Dress Code days!...*cries*
                              -Red

Comment

Working...
                              X