• Show
Clear All

• Following policy=Rude

Couple from today:

I don't know why, but does it matter?

SC: Can I get change?

me: We're not allowed to give change.

SC: Why not?

me: I don't know why, but it's what I've been told.
    SC: So I have to buy something? *catbutt face*

me: I guess so...

SC: Nevermind. *huffs & walks off*

I find out later she told my CW I was rude. telling you what you don't want to hear apparently equals rude.

Get off the phone Had a lady who took not 1, but 2 phonecalls while in line. It was busy, maybe 20 people in line. And she had a lot of very large items. The mngr unloaded her cart because it was obvious she was too busy yapping.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 07-15-2009, 06:27 PM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Lame with the change thing. we can't make change either, but it's only cause we can't open our drawers with out a sale or a manager.

...as for the lady on the phone.. I would have waited... seen she was NOT going to unload her things and helped the person behind her.... *shrug* She complains you can say "I'm sorry... you seemed SO busy I didn't want to interrupt you"

Then again... I feel like a bitch today...so......*cough*
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Telling you what you don't want to hear apparently equals rude.
      Oh wow does it ever!

Telling people negative things is also poor customer service.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

It's also "mean". Had that one last year. Mngr told me the guy said I was mean. Um, is this 5th grade?

Comment

And if the SC is question is not a WASP, following policy is also racist.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I understand the change thing, only because we've had issues with quick-change artists and also outright theft. Every time the drawer opens is a chance the wrong amount goes out. Besides, late Saturday night when nary a bank is open, what makes you think we'll give up one of our few rolls of quarters just because you have laundry?
            Last edited by bainsidhe; 08-08-2009, 03:23 AM.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

In my corner of Cheeselandialand, there are boatloads of short-change artists.

One hit a grocery store in the next town over last week. An older white guy. They come in all shapes and sizes.

Clearance swamp policy is that change is never to be made at the registers. You shut your drawer and direct the person to the service desk instead.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Our policy is no one gives change, not even the Service Desk. It's because we pay a service to deal with it. I just found this out, didn't know at the time of OP.

Comment

Working...
                X