This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents of the year award

Everything was fine tonight until one little kid came into the cafeteria. I was working on the grill and started to hear a child yelling and screaming from behind. I looked back to see a boy of about 8 walking amongst the crowd of people just trying to be as loud and annoying as possible. Parents are nowhere to be found. I ignored him because I was too busy with other things and the kid eventually disappeared.

About five minuets later, the fire alarm goes off and I hear over the intercom: "code red, second floor, cafeteria". I think to myself "oh shit". I looked around and what do I see, the little bastard that was making all that noise pulled the fire alarm!

It turns out that the parents were sitting in the cafeteria the whole time and just let the kid wander around doing whatever he wanted. So, fire department comes, clears the alarm, talks to the boy and his parents and what do they say?

"I'm sure he's sorry, it's no big deal".
    Your kid just pulled a fire alarm in a hospital because he has no discipline and statements like that just make it worse!

These people get my nomination for parents of the year, anyone have their one nominees?

I hope the fire department fined their asses.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Well let's see. When I was living in Minneapolis, we had some child with no concept of animal rights went onto the ice and kicked the geese that had their feet frozen into the ice on Lake of the Isles. I think they fined his folks $5,000 per bird and he had kicked 5 geese and thus amputated their feet.

I know one kid not going to college.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
        Well let's see. When I was living in Minneapolis, we had some child with no concept of animal rights went onto the ice and kicked the geese that had their feet frozen into the ice on Lake of the Isles. I think they fined his folks $5,000 per bird and he had kicked 5 geese and thus amputated their feet.

I know one kid not going to college.
        I'm not a big fan of animal cruelty, but that seems excessive. $25,000 for some damn GEESE? Don't amputate - kill the damn things and make them into a Christmas dinner. Canadian Geese are like giant flying rats around here.
        Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

No big deal!!?? It's a criminal act!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they, as his parents are legally responsible for it! Toss 'em in the clink!

Comment

Gruesome -- I don't think he meant that the geese had their feet surgically amputated later due to the damage; I think he meant that the kid's actions forcibly amputated the geese's feet right then and there....Which means they probably had to be killed soon after anyway, as they really would not have been able to do...well, anything...on their own after that.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Gruesome View Post
              I'm not a big fan of animal cruelty, but that seems excessive. $25,000 for some damn GEESE? Don't amputate - kill the damn things and make them into a Christmas dinner. Canadian Geese are like giant flying rats around here.
              If I read that correctly, I think what was meant was that by kicking the stuck geese, it tore their footies off.
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Why on Earth were the geese frozen to the lake? Does it freeze so quickly there that they couldn't get their feet out of the water in time?
                You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Gruesome View Post

I think the fine was intended to be punitive. It doesn't matter that they were geese, it was the intent behind the action. He did it once and saw what happened and proceeded to do it 4 more times. OMG it is Ted Bundy jr. What the kid did was horrifying.
                  Tamezin

Comment

Hopefully the parents of the year (and I use the term loosely) get some heavy fines for letting the little brat run amok. It would serve them right.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                      geese that had their feet frozen into the ice on Lake of the Isles.
                      I'm a horrible person because that part struck me as funny.

Comment

I'd like to nominate my own cousin. We suspect that he's a hitman for reasons that I will not go into, and we know for a fact that he takes his four year old girl to the cockfighting ring he runs. He holds her in his arms, in fact, while he goads the birds into doing their thing.
                        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

OK, SSS, what happened when the local fire department found out about this? Tell me the kid got a lecture (at the very least). Preferably the parents got fined heavily. BTW, what does CPS think about their parenting practices?
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Gruesome View Post
                            It's not because they were Geese, It's because this sicko kid thinks it's fun to inflict pain on an innocent creature.

Even those of us who eat meat don't want the animals to be tortured to death.
                            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                              Why on Earth were the geese frozen to the lake? Does it freeze so quickly there that they couldn't get their feet out of the water in time?
                              Not really, what happen is that the geese land on the lake in the evening when the top layer of the ice is thawed. They rest on the ice and during the night the ice freeze. The geese are then trapped till the lake thaw again.

Comment

Working...
                              X