This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdramatic much

So for a very quick background I work for a prepaid cellular provider. I have a range of duties, one of which is handling warranty claims and returns.

I fielded this lovely gem of a call today.

Me: Hi everybody
    SC: The folks that make this site what it is, or something like that

Me: <opening call spiel>

SC: Yeah, UPS told me that they sent my phone back to you. I want to know when you all slow a** M***F***er's is gonna ship it out to me again.

Me: (ah yes, way to endear yourself to the person who is here to help you) Well Ma'am let me check the tracking information from UPS. What is the phone number?

SC: It's xxx-xxx-xxxx an another thing, are my minutes still gonna be on there. I haven't been able to use the phone and I've had to be without it all week now.

Me: (you just answered your own question sparky) Well since you haven't used it then the minutes will still be there. Now UPS shows they attempted 3 deliveries and since you weren't available on those 3 days they are sending the package back to us. Now since it was Friday night that they put the return to shipper order on it there is a chance it hasn't left Maryland yet. Would you like me to see if I can get them to hold the package so you can go in and pick it up at your convenience?

SC: Man, I don't have no money to be doin that. You slow ass F***er's need to fix this Sh**

Me: Ok, well, since they put return to shipper on it on Friday it likely will not be leaving Maryland until Monday. Shipping from Maryland to us is about 2 to 3 business days. We will resend the shipment once we get it back which will take another 2 to 3 business days to get it there. So you are most likely looking at it arriving next Friday.

SC: You mean I gotta wait a whole nother week. Man you F***er's are slow.

Me: Ma'am its not my fault you weren't there when UPS tried to deliver your package. I will thank you to stop swearing.

SC: I'ma swear if I want to, you F***er's can't even get a package out in a decent amount of time...

Me: (at this point I cut her off) Ma'am you called us on the 10th to report a problem. We called you back on the 11th to verify the warranty and address information. We didn't have the same model in stock. We got that on the 12th and shipped it out then. UPS attempted to deliver the package to you a whole 4 states away from us on the 15th, the 16th and the 17th. If 5 days is too slow for you how do you suggest we do things any faster?

SC: *sputters a bit* Well you just make sure you MF'ers get the phone out here by Friday.

Me: Ma'am I make no guarantees but we will resend the package as soon as UPS gets it back to us.
    Last edited by Chanlin; 07-18-2009, 09:48 PM.

Wouldn't it be funny if she used that on everyone.

Church:

SC: Bless me you MF'er for I've sinned.
    Priest: ?

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
      Wouldn't it be funny if she used that on everyone.

Church:

SC: Bless me you MF'er for I've sinned.
      Priest: ?
      Now that would be recursive!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The worst part is that UPS will probably have the same exact problem with her ot being there, so the phone still won't get delivered.

What I want to know is what the hell she did with the door tags they leave when nobody is home for a delivery?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          What I want to know is what the hell she did with the door tags they leave when nobody is home for a delivery?
          You and me both.

Although the last few times, at least around here, UPS hasn't left a door tag until the final attempt.

Comment

So she'd rather wait another whole week to get her phone and let it get shipped back to you guys when she could've picked it up? If it was still in Maryland where she was and wasn't going to get sent back to Ohio for another 2 days she was just a complete brainless moron. She didn't have money to get to UPS either but still wants to bitch? That sounds like a personal problem.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Now that would be recursive!
              and both made me MFing giggle lol

I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

I'm guessing they sent it signature required or something >_> UPS tends to leave stuff at my door (at home) all the time. No knock, no horn honk from the truck, no doorbell. The postal service does it too, even tho they've told me AT THE POST OFFICE that they're supposed to at least knock AND ring when they deliver any package that won't fit in the box, even if it doesn't have any "confirmation" required at all >_<
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

If this person was in MD I'd think they were same as the one in OP.

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=58755

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                    If this person was in MD I'd think they were same as the one in OP.

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=58755
                    Nope, the customer in the OP was calling in regards to a warranty replacement for a phone she had purchased at a local vendor.

The UPS deliveries were fairly consistent too, always at or around 12:30 to 1:30 so a fairly narrow window.

Comment

Working...
                    X