This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some SCs and a couple of cool dudes/today's happenings

So, first thing I'd like to mention has to do with one of my managers, not an sc. I haven't been getting hours. Of course I finally get some the week I'm on vacation. I asked for these days off 4 months ago! I'm just not gonna go in and it's her job to find someone to fill in for me. This always happens. With school I always have concerts, performances, lessons, internships, recitals, rehearsals, etc. and I always tell her months and months early, and I always get scheduled. Worst part is I remind her at least twice before the schedule is made.

Caught a lady digging through our trash.

Lady grabbed a water and then walked away to look through the store without paying for it. I pointed her out to the other girl with me. Half and hour later I found an empty water bottle back in a yarn basket. When she came up she was of course water bottleless, coincidence? I think not. I charger her for it. She protested and I just gave her a really stern look and told her that I'm not a blind idiot. No more complaining after that.

I'm very observant. If there's a line forming at the cutting counter I'm at don't walk to the one behind me and then try and claim you were next and I just didn't notice you . Get your ass to the back of the line.

If you're standing next to the ribbons, almost 10 feet away from the registers, how am I supposed to know you're ready to check out? Don't get angry at me when I don't rush over to help you.

There's a big line at the register. I walk to the other one and before removing the closed sign yell to everyone in the line that we are going to keep it one line and to please not come over until called. I call the next person over and this lady tries to squeeze in behind her. I let her know it's one line. She steps back. Does this TEN times! Finally this lady really is the next one in line. She walks over and I put the closed sign down right in front of her and say "sorry, I didn't call for the next person." and then walk off to do some shelf stocking.

This lady asked where something was. I told her and another customer butted in and starting insisting I was wrong...I wasn't.

I'm not a good sewer and often have to ask a CW for help, but I am a great crocheter and knitter. When it comes to anything yarn I am the queen. If I'm helping a customer with something don't butt in and try to tell them you know better. I don't care if you're older than me. I know what I'm talking about and you're the one with the wrong sized hook for that yarn you're holding and an "I can't believe I'm crocheting" book.

Our summer stuff is marked down 70%. That's as low as it goes. Holiday items will get down to 90%, seasonal stuff won't. I'm absolutely sure on this. This lady picks out a bunch of crap. She asks me the price for every item. At the end I total it and it comes to $100 for like, $500 worth of stuff. She acts all surprised and decides to wait until stuff goes down even more. I inform her it will not. She says "you never know." I reply, "yes, yes I do know."

Crazy coupon lady is finally chased out! We don't have to put out coupons and we certainly don't have to give you one if you ask. I put out a bunch. Everytime this lady comes in she grabs 10 fliers and attempts to use them all.
    Me: We can only use one.
    CCL: Ok, I'll do separate transactions.
    Me: Alright, I can do that, but you won't be able to use any coupons on those transactions.
    CCL: Fine, let me call my daughter.
    Me: Ok, but she can only use one.
    CCL: Then I'll just leave and come back.
    Me: Ok, but I'll be here all day, so you won't be able to use another coupon if you do come back in.
    CCL: Just do the separate transaction!
    Me: No
    CCL: Fine, take this competitor coupon.
    Me: I can't use that on fabric.
    CCL: Why not?
    Me: because they don't carry fabric, so there's no competition.
    CCL: Fine, I'll be right back. (Gets something else so she can use that coupon. WTF, you're not really saving money, in fact you're wasting $10.)
    Me: I'm sorry, this coupon can't be used on that brand.
    CCL: Why not?
    Me: It says so right on the coupon.
    CCL: But that's not your coupon, so that shouldn't matter.
    Me: Doesn't work that way.
    CCL: Well, I demand you do multiple transactions!
    Me: No (CCL pays for one item, then walks to the other register where she thinks she'll have better luck. I notice her and inform my manager so she doesn't let this lady use another coupon. See, usually it wouldn't be a big deal, but this woman does this every time she comes in, even though she knows better.)
    CCL: Can I do separate transactions?
    Manager: Get the f*** out of my store and never come back!
    CCL:

2 strange phone calls:

C: Hey, can I talk to Lindsay?
    Me: No one by that name works here.
    C: Okay, can you just tell her to call Pete back as soon as she can.
    Me: Ok (Guess he's never getting that call)

C: Hi, do you carry 20" pillows?
    Me: We do, in fact they are buy one get one today.
    C: Great, where in the store would I find those?
    Me: They're all in the back, can't miss them.
    C: Near the foam?
    Me: Yup.
    C: Ok, because I don't see them.
    Me: ...what?
    C: I don't see any back here.
    Me: ...are you in the store?
    C: Yeah, I can't find the pillows.
    Me: Hold on, let me come back and help you. (WTF?)
    C: Oh, I'm not at that store.
    Me: ...you're at a different store?
    C: Yes
    Me: (WTF?) Well, we're all set up differently. Which store are you in?
    C: The **** store.
    Me: I'm sorry, which store?
    C: The **** store
    Me: Ma'am, what state are you in?
    C: South Carolina
    Me: Miss, we're in Maryland, why are you calling us?
    C: Well, I can't find anyone at this store.
    Me: Well, do you see the register?
    C: Yes.
    Me: Is there someone there?
    C: Yes
    Me: I suggest asking them when they're available.
    C: Ok *click*

And finally for the cool dudes. We were closed and this huge group of guys were outside our store bashing on the windows. They're not the cool dudes. My manager and I were trying to decide whether we should call the cops or not on them when the phone rang
    C: Hey, my name is Mike and I'm the manager at **** (bar across the parking lot from us.) We had to kick a group of guys out because they were getting rowdy and I just walked out back and I noticed them gathered around your store.
    Manager: Yeah, they've been banging on the windows.
    C: Well, they're harmless, just very drunk and loud. What time do you leave? I wanna send a couple of my guys out to walk you to your cars.
    And he did. They were really nice. The group of drunk guys backed off, but still yelled at us and stuff from their cars. I'm glad my manager and I didn't have to walk out alone. The guys from the bar were really great.

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
    Me: Ma'am, what state are you in?
    C: South Carolina
    Me: Miss, we're in Maryland, why are you calling us?
    C: Well, I can't find anyone at this store.
    Okay, now my brain is trying desperately to escape from my head. Oh Dear Lord >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That was really nice of the bar manager and his employees to help you out. Very classy.

The other customers...oy. Especially CCL and the Phone Phool. Next time you folks go shopping, remember to bring your brains with you!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Okay, now my brain is trying desperately to escape from my head. Oh Dear Lord >_>
        That's because they're dying to join the last of my remaining braincells in a mass suicide involving the grape Flavor-Aid.

That moron makes clueless look intelligent.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          That's because they're dying to join the last of my remaining braincells in a mass suicide involving the grape Flavor-Aid.

That moron makes clueless look intelligent.
          Don't forget your extra-strength Tylenol to go with it!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
          X