This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's AMAZING!

I work at a gas station. I'm very aware that many customers believe we are the lowest of low, that our intelligence is only matched by, as GK would say, "ladies of dubious breeding." This gentleman (this moron) completely took the proverbial cake.

Me: She who would dare make a customer STOMP off
    SC: He who would force me to use my ray of sarcasm that clearly pwned his own

Me: Okay, $30 from $50, that makes $20 for your change. (all smiles)
    SC: (in the most condescending tone I've ever heard) WOW! You did that all by YOURSELF, that's just AMAZING!"
    Me: (Laser set on DEATH RAY) ...........is it now? Maybe I should get a medal.
    SC: Nah, not a medal, brownie points!
    Me: (Dead pan) I must get a lot of brownie points these days, SIR.

He literally stomped off because I had gotten so mad to just lose all my smiles and nice tone. I completely just blew that guy away with how rude my tone was. I think the customers behind him were a little shocked at his behavior and with how quickly I bounced back into my smiles and charm.

Here's another one from today. I got a girl some cigarettes today, asked for her license and it was good, blah blah blah, then the guy behind her is STARING at me and says in a snobbish tone, "Are you even old enough to sell those?"

Me: I'm 18! (proud and smiley)
    SC: Really...
    Me: I don't look 18, but I am!
    SC: No...you don't.

He stared at me for the rest of the time he was in the store. I really did want to tell him to take a picture. He's probably going to call corporate and ask them to check out if I'm 18 or not...lol, corporate knows me, more than half my family works for the company. "Oh, Gaki? She's so-and-so's daughter, DURR she's 18!"

I wonder if it occurred to him that corporate would make damn sure that you're old enough to sell those...>_>

As for their surprise at your being able to shift from deadpan into plastic smile in an instant...they must have never worked retail/service industry. If they had, they'd have some skill points in it, too.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X