This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Was Next Even Though I Wasn't in Line

I came up to the service desk after putting some cold items in the dairy box that a customer left behind. I went behind the desk and asked who was next since there was a line and I wasn't sure who the next customer was. After I took the next customer that was in line, a customer that was standing to the side told me that I didn't ask him if he was next. I mentioned that I asked who the next customer was and the customer told me that I didn't ask him.

I offered to get the manager for him. The customer said that he didn't want the manager. He just wanted his lottery ticket which I took care of and he went on his way. Another customer that was actually in line mentioned that he was in line longer than the customer that wasn't in line.

I apologized for what happened. Luckily, my service desk coworker and the customers in line were pretty understanding.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Some people need to stop standing to the damn side! If you see a line of people, stand in back of the person. It just confuses the clerk and pisses the person off who is rightfully in line.

Yes, this comes from experience.

Comment

Or they go to a lane where the light is off. The lights have a purpose. And forget asking for the next person, because there will be confusion. I just say, "I can help someone over here." That way they can fight it out & I'm not at fault.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ugh, I HATED when people did that. Especially at the gas station.

Someone would come in (and it was almost always a regular SC who would act all inconvenienced that how dare someone else be shopping at THEIR store and they should be first in line!!!1cow!!) and just stand off to the side tapping their toes and the line would pile up and then, of course, they'd blow their top off when the line would move and the next person would approach me.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X