This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You don't have APPLE JUICE in this college bar?!"

Before I bartended, I waitressed at this bar. And when I say college bar, I really mean college bar...complete with sticky floors, that puke/beer smell from the night before, etc. We are not, in any way, shape, or form, a family restaurant.

So anyway, I used to work Sunday mornings, which was miserable considering I was usually hungover. This one day a family of 4 came in, and right away the complaints started. I wanted to say, "Well you know where the door is!" but I just apologized and brought them to their table.

When it was time to take their drink orders, the parents ordered coffee, and the mother ordered the children apple juice. I said, "I'm sorry, but we actually do not have apple juice here."

SC: "What do you mean, you don't have apple juice."
    Me: "Umm, well I mean...we don't have apple juice."
    SC: "So what are my children going to drink?"
    Me: "Well we have orange juice and fruit punch."
    SC: "They don't like those."
    (by the way, the kids were definitely old enough to order for themselves...)
    Me: "Ok, I can bring them water."
    SC: "Are you sure there is no apple juice in the back?"
    Me: "No, we do not carry it. The managers do not order any."
    SC: "Just check."
    (I walk to the back, bitch to my co-workers, then walk back)
    Me: "Sorry, no apple juice."
    SC: "Fine, they'll have water."

I go to the back to get their drinks, come back, and they are gone. URGH.

The Bar where I work is both a bar AND a family-type restaurant. No, seriously.

And we don't have apple juice. When families ask for apple juice, I politely tell them, "I'm sorry, we don't have apple juice. We have orange juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and grapefruit juice." Usually they'll pick one of those instead.

I find it odd that a bar only has orange juice and fruit punch....where is the cranberry and pineapple? (I can understand not having grapefruit, as not that many people order drinks with that, but cran and pine are basic bar mixers.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      The Bar where I work is both a bar AND a family-type restaurant. No, seriously.

And we don't have apple juice. When families ask for apple juice, I politely tell them, "I'm sorry, we don't have apple juice. We have orange juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and grapefruit juice." Usually they'll pick one of those instead.

I find it odd that a bar only has orange juice and fruit punch....where is the cranberry and pineapple? (I can understand not having grapefruit, as not that many people order drinks with that, but cran and pine are basic bar mixers.)
      We do have cranberry and pineapple, but they are bar mixers, ie: not real juice. They are extremely sweet and sugary, not something to drink straight.

Comment

Yuck! I have never heard of using not real juices for juices. I am glad my bar uses actual cran and pine, as I drink them fairly frequently myself. I can't even begin to imagine what your management is thinking, or what those things taste like.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Yuck! I have never heard of using not real juices for juices. I am glad my bar uses actual cran and pine, as I drink them fairly frequently myself. I can't even begin to imagine what your management is thinking, or what those things taste like.
          Haha I agree with you completely!

Comment

Working...
          X