Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lunch time special - Now with more idiocy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch time special - Now with more idiocy!

Argh. I hate, hate, HATE doing lunch time specials. -.- It always brings in the SCs by the dozen.

OK, the deal is this. You buy a bottle of any Coke, or a certain sized bottle of water, a stickered sandwich and a regular bag of crisps, and get it for £2. It's a very good deal, however the amount of people who can't bloody read the signs is giving me, and everyone else in the petrol station, a massive headache.

We've had SCs who think that the signs, which I might add are bright red and there are twelve of them, say what they want them to say. Such as the woman who picked up a two litre bottle of Pepsi and demanded that she get it with her sandwich and crisps as the special. Not to mention the guy who picked up one of the wraps and wanted that.

And of course, all the people who fail to notice that the crisps in the special are the regular size, and just take one of the grab bags. We even put all the componants of the special together, on the same bloody fridge shelf; and people still can't flipping read. -.- Pity me; this special goes on til September.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I remember getting that deal at Boots eight+ years ago the first time I went to the UK. I didn't think it was that hard to understand....

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
      I remember getting that deal at Boots eight+ years ago the first time I went to the UK. I didn't think it was that hard to understand....
      You're not an entitlement whore, greedy, idiotic SC though, now are you?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Hmm, I got one of these at a supermarket once, cept it turned out the deal was very specific in the small print of the sign, which caught me out. All the drinks were in one fridge, but only certain ones were included. Essentially Pepsi was included but coke was not.

I would never have tried to get a 2 litre bottle of coke though.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

We actually had these signs printed especially, so there is no small print. We did this cuz of what happened the last time; ie, what's happening this time. -.- I have come to the conclusion that people can't read and are brain dead. It's the only explanation.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Either that or the SCs think that the "monkey" at the register won't really care if its a Pepsi or Coke that is brought up.
            New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
            New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Working...
            X