This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    with an email like "hotsexymama44@yahoo.com"?
    Crazed, will you PLEASE stop posting my personal email addy in the forums??? Sheesh!
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Maybe the "24" was, as in, 24/7? Dunno.
      Unfortunately, I believe that the 24 means that there were 23 other idiots with the same idea for an email address...
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I started a job search last summer (that I'm still on right now), and at the time, I was worried that my hotmail address was too unprofessional to use on my resumes. Granted, my hotmail address is first initial middle name last initial @ hotmail.com. I dont' think that's quite in the same ballpark as something like iluvbeernsex@hotmail.com

Soon, I started using my school email address, instead. The only reason I didn't use it in the first place was that I didn't know that I would be able to keep that address after I graduated.

Comment

I deal with a lot of web orders, and it's for prepaid cells, so I see a lot of strange and disturbing email addresses.

My favorite one of all time though, was abitchonamission@fakeaddress.com

Saving the world, one cell phone at a time
          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

My main personal email is as close as i could get to first initial last name@gmail. On resumes I use my school email. One of my room mated used their personal address, something like, sexxybigck@free.com on a resume.

I'm assuming they are still looking or settled for McDonalds. Yes they were male, guess what the "ck" means.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              My main personal email is as close as i could get to first initial last name@gmail. On resumes I use my school email. One of my room mated used their personal address, something like, sexxybigck@free.com on a resume.

I'm assuming they are still looking or settled for McDonalds. Yes they were male, guess what the "ck" means.
              Well, if he's working at McDonalds, then the "ck" must stand for "cook" right?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I posted once about a classmate who was completing her internship at the Somalia-Bantu refugee organization in town. There were other local volunteers for this agency and my classmate was approached by a few who wanted her to re-write their resume. She said they all had emails that were way inappropriate for a resume, like "sexydeliciousXXX@<freeemail>.com"

I think it's hilarious...unfortunate, but hilarious.
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

yeah... I've felt bad about using my smileyeagle1021@emailserver.com before... at least with that I can legitimately say that it's a nickname (I've now got more people calling me smiley than my real name )... and for applying at hotels probably using a nickname address isn't the worst thing you can do... but if I were going for a more professional position, oh yeah, I'm digging out firstinitiallastname@emailserver.com (and as it is that according to facebook there are only three of us on the interweb ... though on the flip side the chances of me pulling a Kelly Hilderbrandt are kind of low )

eta
                  Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  Crazed, will you PLEASE stop posting my personal email addy in the forums??? Sheesh!
                  it's so true... she is
                  Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 07-27-2009, 06:03 AM.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

And that's why you keep things professional. However, stuff like that "Bigsexyck" address I just find unbelievable. Not that people would do it, but that people would think it's a good idea. Personally, I prefer to stick to literary allusions in my sn's nowadays. The three main ones I use are SanchoPanza65, Manoflamancha25, (both from Don Quixote) and Thewalkingdude368 (From Stephen King).
                    All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

sanchopanza, you and I are kindred spirits. Mine are maryshelley1979 and anakhouri79 (from Alastair Reynolds' Revelation Space trilogy...Mary Shelley should need no explanation).
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I registered my own domains for email and use firstname@fiyero.co.uk for personal, firstname@fiyero.me.uk for job applications etc and also have firstname@fiyero.com.

It works well for me.

Comment

I personally love my obscure last name, meaning I have lastname@yahoo.com, lastname@hotmail.com and lastname@gmail.com (yes my family hate me for stealing them)
                          "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                          Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

I tell people all the time to stop putting things like "420smoka4lyfe@" "bigbootycallgurl69@" ect on their resumes, but do they listen.. no. I also have a portion of my class dedicated to proper voice mail messages, because I heare things like "if you're important I might call you back", "I'm out partying....". "leave a message for little mamma and I'll holla back". My rule is, if your name isn't on there, I'm not leaving a message with valuable information about someone unless I know it's their voice mail for sure.

, we just posted 2 job openings in my program and since people are just too stupid to read the description they're going to dial my extension because it says "employment services" instead of reading the whole call "main office" on the application. I'm expecting calls like:

-me
                            -them

- "x program this is y"
                            - I'm calling about the jobs
                            - Ok, do you know which job you're calling about
                            all of them you have in the paper
                            - Ok, all the details are in the paper about how to apply and what's required
                            - what does it pay?
                            - Based on experience and education
                            - what does that mean, $10 an hour?
                            - It means it depens on your experience
                            - hangs up

I'll also get the aggressive follow-up lady (again) who dosen't meet the requirements but has applied, wants a job here VERY bad.

The main office will also referr anyone who they don't hire here for me to sort out.
                            Last edited by bubblelittlepally; 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM. Reason: damn letters getting in the wrong places again

Comment

Working...
                            X