Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're so impatient, go to another line!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're so impatient, go to another line!!

I had this one very sucky customer today that kinda ruined the day for me at work so I decided to come here and vent.

I was ringing up this old lady, (not the SC) she had a small hershey's bar in her hand and told me she wanted a big one. I asked her if she wanted me to try and find her the big hershey bar and she said yes, so, I go to the candy isle and try to find her the big hershey bar that she wanted...

I was gone for maybe 2 minutes and walk back.

On my way back, I see another candy bar stand with hershey bars on it so I look in there to see if I can find her hershey with almonds that she wants...

SC behind her starts screaming, "OH CMON!!! THERES PEOPLE WAITING IN LINE OVER HERE!"

Older lady's face is blushing and she says to her "well its not her fault, she was helping me"

I tell the older lady that I couldn't find any hershey bars with almonds but I had a regular one for her and asked if it was ok, she said yes because she didn't want to make more of a fuss about it..

SC then asks (quite loudly) another cashier if she's open.. so she stomps on over to the other cashier. The lady that was behind her starts putting her stuff onto my counter...

SC comes back a minute later and goes "OH I DONT THINK SO, I WAS NEXT IN LINE!!! I'M NEXT!!" and pushes herself infront of the other lady....

The lady behind SC starts laughing and says "oh my god. it is NOT that serious."

I ring up SC items as fast as I can to get her the fuck out of there..... I hand her the change and accidently drop a nickel, I go to grab it for her and she literally yanks the change out of my hand, almost violently, and then storms out of the store..

Good riddance, bitch.

I'd have to say out of this whole thing, I felt mostly bad for the old lady infront of SC...... she reminded me alot of my grandma and she was with her teenage grandson who was clearly pissed off at this bitch for screaming at me and his grandmother. While they were walking out he said "take your time, grandma".
    Aww. I really felt bad for her. All she wanted was a big candy bar. lol

SC reallllllllly pissed me off.

I had a lady a few days ago who was next in line to have her fabric cut. The woman in front of her only had one item. I cut it, then went to put the number into the telezon. It took me a total of 30 seconds at the most. I asked if that was all and the woman said, "oh, I have a fabric behind the counter." I pulled it out and started measuring. The woman behind her sighed and very rudely said "Oh come on!" I could understand if the woman had 10 things and kept running back and forth to grab more, but it was two items. And she only wanted two yards of the second. I told the woman "It'll only be a moment." The lady in front of her rolled her eyes. While I was measuring the fabric out I asked what she was making. That's a common question. We even needed to watch a training video on it. The second lady freaked out and said "Now you're starting a whole conversation!" She jumped out of line and walked up to the register and demanded the girl cut her fabric. She said sorry, I'm on register and if I cut your fabric then there will be no one to check people out. By time the lady got back I had already started on the next person. She threw her fabric down on top of the other customers and demanded I cut it. I just said no, so she pushed her way in front of the next person. I told her to get in the back of the line. She walked out, then came back five minutes later and got back in line, hehe.

Comment

I would have told her she needs to wait I am currently assisting another customer (we have to call them guests lol) and when I'm done then, I will help you but until then my focus would be on grandma. I hate impatient people, I try to tune them out but its hard because then you feel pressured to hurry up and it ends up making the other person feel bad also. That poor lady, and curse that evil bitch!

Comment

Yeah but, out of fairness for the other customers waiting in line, why should they all be forced to wait because the person ahead of them is NOT ready to be checked out by the cashier and then the cashier leaves their spot to help a customer shop for their food??? Now, if another cashier or manager had come to the replace you and to get the other customers checked out that would have been fine.

Comment

I love the lady that laughed at her. That probably pissed her off the most. I would have told the bitch that once she moved, she lost her place in line. I understand wanting to get rid of them, but you've just validated their behavior.
          If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
          --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
            Yeah but, out of fairness for the other customers waiting in line, why should they all be forced to wait because the person ahead of them is NOT ready to be checked out by the cashier and then the cashier leaves their spot to help a customer shop for their food??? Now, if another cashier or manager had come to the replace you and to get the other customers checked out that would have been fine.
            Well, me not knowing what size store this is, what kind of staffing they have, whether anyone called in that day, etc, etc, etc...

I've had cashiers go to try to help find things before, and you know what? It's not that big a deal.

Especially when management usually requires that they ask if the customer "found everything ok" as part of their service.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We had customers come up and ask me something from the line while I am helping another customer. they usually asked 'i just want to do such and such and have been waiting a while'. I would be like "I understand but Im helping this customer right now and they waited in line to...everyone gets there turn"

Comment

Working...
              X