This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
    Then a woman in a suit - manager or trainer, maybe? - stepped over and tried to sell me the same plan again.

um the rewards card is free-it just gives you coupons for like $5 off any purchase over $10-$20-so it's not really a "plan" or a "sale".
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Well, I'll usually get a Plan - by asking for it on my own - if it's reasonable and they don't pester me. A buck or two on game from GameStore for a full-year warranty? Sure. 40 bucks on a $300 console or $200 on a nice TV? HELL yeah. 40 bucks on a $80 used console? Not so much. My work laptop -- $60 for 2 years of normal warranty plus 2 years of "dumbass warranty" (meaning, it's covered even if it's my fault) -- yeah, that one, too.

It really depends on what the cost is compared to the item, and how long the warranty lasts. I will grant that many electronic items will show their defects within the manufacturer's warranty period if there's something MAJOR going on, but I will at least consider an Extended if it will save me money -- for instance, if the MFR one does not include shipping, that alone is worth the cost of a warranty...

Corporate types don't seem to find anything wrong with badgering customers about stuff like this...but then, most of them have probably never been on the cash register side of the equation.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X