This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I think I've seen everything

Well what a Manager saw. The time is 10:30 ish, the deli closed at 10. M is walking the store checking on how may shoppers are left as we close in 30 minutes. Out of the corner of their eye the see something. The look. What do they see....

If you guessed a SC who went behind the deli counter took a couple containers, opened the case, removed the plastic wrap form the macaroni salad and was trying to shove some into a container you would be right.

The manager goes over and asks the custoemr what they are doing. Why they are just getting some macaroni salad. Awesome manager goes behind the counter grabs the container from the SC and throws it in the general direction of the nearest trash can and tells the SC to leave now or they will call the cops. The SC whines and leaves.

Now we have to pull all the stuff form the deli display at night and place it in the walk in cooler and lock it. Our Seafood dept is now locking their back room coolers/freezer at night and our bakery is pulling any food items(sprinkles, etc) on the back table tables and locking them in the cooler at night.

Our GM has requested that they install lockable doors in the passage areas to the deli, seafood, meat and bakery back rooms, currently they are just "breaks" in the counter.

Just when I think the customers have gotten dumber, the exceed my guesses.

Wow! Yeah, doors would be nice, but then they'd just jump the counters. At least they didn't try to slice their own meat!!!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      Our GM has requested that they install lockable doors in the passage areas to the deli, seafood, meat and bakery back rooms, currently they are just "breaks" in the counter.

Just when I think the customers have gotten dumber, the exceed my guesses.
      And we wonder why costs keep going up.
      Tamezin

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        At least they didn't try to slice their own meat!!!
        SHHHHH!!! don't say things like that!
        ....Cause you know what's gonna happen now......

"WOMAN SUES GROCERY STORE FOR UNSAFE MACHINERY"
        "Sally Suck lost three fingers Friday night, when she attempted to slice her own meat behind the deli counter. Sally insists it was her right to have meat even though the deli was closed. Her lawyer says the Deli should have better safety procedures in place to prevent these types of accidents"

......crap....lol
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
          SHHHHH!!! don't say things like that!
          ....Cause you know what's gonna happen now......

"WOMAN SUES GROCERY STORE FOR UNSAFE MACHINERY"
          "Sally Suck lost three fingers Friday night, when she attempted to slice her own meat behind the deli counter. Sally insists it was her right to have meat even though the deli was closed. Her lawyer says the Deli should have better safety procedures in place to prevent these types of accidents"

......crap....lol
          Except the customers name should be Tuuli Trimmd...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Finally, a manager who will actually say something substanive, like they will call the cops, in order to effect a change in behaviour from an SC. Nothing scares (most of them) like the police getting involved.
            Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

Working...
            X