Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passenger asks to visit the flightdeck in-flight!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger asks to visit the flightdeck in-flight!

Passenger asked me if he could visit the flightdeck during the flight.

Er...where were you on September 11th?

"But I wanna be a pilot...wanna see the flight."

Noooooooo due to security concerns only CREW can access the flightdeck in the air! Duh!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

My husband does this every time I fly with him. *shame* He's a nut about planes.

Granted, he asks to see it after the plane has landed and everyone has disembarked, but still.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

I remember when you used to be able to do that. I also remember when airlines used to give out little pilot wings too.

Comment

Oh yeah that's fine. But this guy was very insistent that he wanted to go up during the flight!

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
          I remember when you used to be able to do that. I also remember when airlines used to give out little pilot wings too.
          Ahhhh the halcyon days of youth. We cabin crew used to have week long trips away, wore white gloves rather than plastic gloves etc Then deregulation happened

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            I remember the first time I was in a plane, yeah I got to go up to the cabin and see them fly, I was about 12-13
            If it makes sense, it's not allowedâ„¢. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

"So Billy, ever been to a turkish Bath?"
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

2-3 years ago, before a flight to Washington DC, the pilot let my daughter and hubby sit in the cockpit long enough for pics. Daughter was 3 or 4 and hubby would have his license if we could afford it and the life insurance for it. I'm pretty sure the only reason this was allowed was because they were talking to the pilot in the waiting lounge before he boarded.

Comment

"Do you like gladiator movies?"

Comment

"You ever seen a grown man naked?"

"What kind of plane is it?"
                    "Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol."

But seriously, did this guy not realize that had he become more insistent the plane would've been diverted and he'd be taken away in handcuffs? Wait, I already know the answer.
                    Last edited by chapookie; 07-23-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Damn, chapookie beat me to it *hands over cookie*

Comment

I remember when they ran wide bodys from anchorage to seattle on a regular basis, sometimes as a stop over on an inbound international flight. I even remember having to use the stair truck to board one time (like pre '86). Then of course there was the outdoor viewing platform with those post mounted binocluaors. Those were closed after the pam am bombing.

Comment

Quoth AirHostess View Post
                          Oh yeah that's fine. But this guy was very insistent that he wanted to go up during the flight!
                          He's not a jerk for asking.

He's a jerk if he had insisted after he'd been told it's no longer permitted.

I've had pilots offer to show me the cockpit but only as passengers were still boarding. Once they lock the cockpit door, it's supposed to stay locked. A post 9/11 thing.

Comment

But what about the snakes?
                            "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
                            set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
                              But what about the snakes?
                              Huh? They're in the seats....

What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X