This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets start throwing high chairs now, real freakin' mature

It’s a beautiful Friday night, 7pm. Most people realize that any restaurant that they go to is going to be busy. Most people understand, not only might you have to wait for a table, but you might not get your ideal table either.
    This older couple came in and asked for a table for a party of two. We told them that we only had two tops, smaller tables with room for two chairs. I took them to one of these and they turned their noses up at it. I told them that it would be a fifteen minute wait for a bigger table. I can understand not wanting one of these, they are small and tucked into the corners.
    They stood in a huff in the store, our chain has a gift shop as well as a restaurant, for their table until one finally opened up. When I took them to their table they told me that they wanted one by a window, again Friday night, not many options. I told them that this was the only table. Luckily a window table was being cleaned off; it had been occupied by a family with children so there were still high chairs and booster seats. They couldn’t wait for those to be cleared, they proceeded to storm over to the table and throw the high chair across the dining room and complain to the server and to the manager where they proceeded to call myself and my co workers a bunch of F***ing idiots.
    On another note, all of the children who came in today were well behaved. No whining, no running around, no screaming. This couple could have learned a thing or two about how to act in public from those little ones. Alas, they eventually left and disappeared into the haze of suckery.

I hope no one was hurt by the flying high chairs. And wow, if children can be better behaved than an adult whats that got to say about people.

Comment

I hope they were banned from the resturant after the highchair throwing? Given it sounded like it was packed, that was dangerous to many people around them.

Comment

At first when you said they were an older couple i was picturing nice, grandparent types. I wasn't expecting spoiled brats. I guess once an SC always an SC. It doesn't get better with age. *sigh*

Comment

Pretty sad that the kids are more mature than that old couple. As for SC's bitching about the available tables on a busy night...I know the feeling.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm just gonna hope one or both of these folks were suffering from some form of dementia. That will explain their behavior in a way that makes me feel much less angry.
            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

If I was the manager and after they threw a high chair around I wold have asked them to leave or be arrested for trespassing and any other applicable charges related to the highchair.

Comment

You must work for the Cracker Barrel Country Store.
                I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

that was really crappy of that couple, jeez.
                  Also, probably Cracker Barrel, but possibly bob evans too.
                  "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

sounds alot like the Barrel as I used to work as a cashier at one. but most likely management there would have comped their meals for the "inconvenience". the managers I worked with had no spines. Not saying they all have none, just the ones I worked with
                    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Working...
                    X