Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pointed out an error, give me free stuff (somewhat long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pointed out an error, give me free stuff (somewhat long)

This is a somewhat short and sweet story.

As some of you may or may not know I work for a prepaid cellular service provider. One of my jobs is answering support inquiries made via my company's website.

I recently had one that went like this: This is a copy paste of my first reply to this customer.

In response to the other questions you have opened tickets for:

"What does "SMS" mean under Manage Features? I can enable or disable it.”

SMS stands for Short messaging Service, this is also known as text messaging.

“How can I reach a customer service reprensenative You have a typo - will you send me some free minutes?”

I’m not sure exactly to what you are referring to here. With regard to free minutes, all new phone numbers receive free trial minutes. We do not otherwise have any free minutes to give out.

“Can I transfer a different cell phone of mine (currently w/ Tracfone service (Motorola V60i) to a [your company] service?”

We can transfer the phone number from Tracfone to [my company], but as Tracfone uses a proprietary software on their phones we are
    not able to use the same phone.

“How do I check my account balance AND expiration date as a display right on my phone?”

[We do] not have any option to have this information display on the screen of your phone at this time.

For any further questions please reply to this e-mail or contact customer service at [customer service phone number]
    Over all not sucky: Below is the customer's reply:

"How can I reach a customer service reprensenative " - this is a direct copy from FAQ's [on your website] referring to the typo. I'm a firm believer in correct spelling/grammar. This eludes to my question of getting free minutes. 1) If not, why not. 2) When will the error be corrected?
    And my reply:

Thank you for taking the time to point out the typo to us. We appreciate being notified that a correction is in order. With regard to getting free minutes; put simply, this is not something we do. Further we did not previously enter into any agreement with you whereby we agreed to compensate you for the services of spell checking our website. Again, while your attention to detail is appreciated, we will not be issuing any sort of compensation.

"eludes"

Maybe alludes?

Am I the only one giggling at the typo/incorrect word choice used in a sentence regarding firm belief in correct spelling/grammer?

Comment

Wow I can't believe I missed that

If you want to argue semantics maybe she made the right word choice. After all the meaning of her first question escaped me. Maybe she was foreshadowing my no answer

Oh, and no, you are not the only one laughing now

Comment

Please correct me if I'm wrong because I tend to make a few grammar mistakes, but didn't she also make the same mistake in her response?

She wrote "1) If not, why not." so shouldn't there be a '?' instead of a '.'?

I can understand where she's coming from, spelling/grammar issues bug me too, but where does she get off thinking that just because you missed a '?', she gets free minutes?

Comment

Quoth llythe View Post
          I can understand where she's coming from, spelling/grammar issues bug me too, but where does she get off thinking that just because you missed a '?', she gets free minutes?
          I think it was the fact that "representative" was misspelled as "reprensenative".

Still doesn't deserve free minutes though.

Comment

Quoth llythe View Post
            Please correct me if I'm wrong because I tend to make a few grammar mistakes, but didn't she also make the same mistake in her response?
            She did make a few mistakes as you and Lupo Pointed out, but RTR is also correct that the original issue is that the word "representative" is misspelled.

Comment

I caught the eludes/alludes right away and if I were you, I would have replied to her that as I caught a typo of HERS we were now even, anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X