This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address fail: celebrity edition

Not sucky, this one is just a brain burp, but it's another chapter of adults not knowing thier own address.

Moderately well-known Canadian musician checked into my hotel tonight. He's playing in town this week. Many of you around 30 and up would recognize the name, and just about everyone on these boards has heard at least a few of his songs.

For reference, I'm pretty sure he was not drunk and/or high.

...and for street address you've listed your phone number. For state/province you've listed your street address, and your postal code should be 3 letters, 3 numbers, not 1 letter and 6 numbers. Well done, sir. *Sigh*

On the upside, I found out hes playing a small show at a nearby pub which has the best burgers in town Wednesday night before he does his big shows later in the week, so I'll probably go see him play.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Could be amusing to try to guess, but I only know one solo Canadian musician, and I doubt he handles his own check-ins, even now.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Bryan Adams?! lol

See, if it was, I wouldn't be surprised.
      "You're not gone five minutes, Agent Scully, and I'm already starting to feel like a stranger in my own office-"
      -Agent Doggett

Comment

Did this guy write a song about a certain lake disaster?

Comment

Is it Geddy Lee?
          "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
          set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            Did this guy write a song about a certain lake disaster?
            That's the one I'm thinking about. Also likes Jasmine.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Its not Gordon Lightfoot, not Bryan Adams.... Is Geddy Lee still alive?

Either way, I won't reveal my guest's identity. I will say he played with several Canadian bands in the 70s and had a couple minor hits in the 80s after going solo.

Comment

Not going to try and guess your guest, but how do your address forms actually look?

I know for me (and maybe it is just me), I tend to find those forms where you get the slot per letter, with what to put in the character slots underneath a little confusing, since my mind for whatever reason looks 'up' and sees 'Phone number' and wants to put the phone number under the phone number label, not above it. It's hard to explain, but that's why I as often as not, when I get those types of forms seem to be one row off from what they should be.

Comment

Geddy Lee is indeed still alive, and while he does occasionally solo, he's only played with one band for 30 odd years, and they're still going.

And of course you're not going to tell us. I certainly didn't expect you to - but it's still fun guessing.

Comment

Guess Who!

Hmm.... I'm thinking more along the lines of Burton Cummings.

Comment

I've gotten several pms about this as well.

It's not Burton Cummings, Randy Bachman, or Kim Mitchell, but those are all excellent guesses.

And for reference, Jeff Healey is dead, Steve Winwood is British, and Tommy James is American. In spite of that they're very good, though also not currently staying in my Hotel.

Comment

Jeff Martin?

I doubt it, because I don't know if he does any solo projects, but he IS that dumb.
                        He once stood outside the bar I frequent and asked passers-by and people standing outside for cigarettes if they wanted his autograph.

His line was, "Hi, I'm Jeff Martin from The Tea Party. Do you want my autograph?"
                        Seriously.

Most people looked at him like he had a nipple growing on his forehead.
                        No one wanted his autograph.

Comment

Working...
                        X