This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh...ah...UGHHH *a little gross*

Female calls me on the phone. She's 82 years old. I know because she told me this about every other word of her complaint.

She was complaining to us because our newspaper is "too big". Now, normally people complain that we don't have enough stuff in our paper (it's only about 36 pages, with light days possibly being only 20 or so) so this is new, but eventually I figure out that she's complaining not about the content, but about the actual SIZE of the newspaper.

So, I try to make her understand that newspapers are, by and large, all pretty standard-sized, but that's not good enough. "I don't CARE what everyone else is doing, YOU should not have such an enormous paper!" Because we're so speshul, I guess.

After five minutes of back and forth about how we should strike out and be different from every other paper in America and sell micro-editions, and my explaining that you know, no...she breaks out this classic line.

"This paper is so damn big that I can sit on the commode and read part with one hand and wipe myself with the other!"

She got hung up on real fast after that...
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Old people say the darndest things

Now where is the brain bleach?
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Does this mean she's paper trained?
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

She can use the part of the paper to wipe herself with & STILL have plenty left over to read from...lol.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

"This paper is so damn big that I can sit on the commode and read part with one hand and wipe myself with the other!"
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I like that answer! But then again there are several things wrong with me.

Coincidentally, the newspaper in my town is useful only as toilet paper.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
          X