This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No good deed goes unpunished...

...otherwise titled. "Get the fuck out of my life you annoying ass, and please, never fucking shop here again, or even dare to use my name again or I will be forced to beat you senseless with a barbecue lid"!!!!

We had a customer who bought a floor model BBQ late last summer.
    He bought it, knowing there were marks on the stainless steel insert in the top lid.

That is all that was wrong with it.

I promised him I would order a new part under warranty to fix him up. He was happy with that and went on his way.

The part came in, and I was really busy, so I didn't actually open the carton. Big mistake, I know, but I never usually have too much trouble with that company.

The guy came in when I was off, and someone handed the box to him, again, unopened.
    The next week, he was back. Instead of just sending the stainless steel insert, they had sent only the top lid.
    I apologized for the inconvenience and said I would order the insert.
    He then decided that he wanted the lid, too, but wanted me to order the screws and the temperature gauge as well.

Ok...at this point, I strongly suspected that he was trying to refurbish his old one so he would have 2 "new" barbecues, but I couldn't prove it.

I got the new flashing, but I ran into problems, and the rest of the parts were never shipped to me by the end of the season, and he was heading back home from his cottage. I told him to come and get what we had, but he never did.

I was hanging on to the parts until spring.

Finally, the guy came back in around late May or early June. He reminded me that I had been taking almost a year to handle this for him. I apologized again, and every time he came in, continued to apologize because I had done my part, but they weren't following through at the other end. (I have no idea why.)
    I looked like I was just stringing him a line to get him off my back, but I can show him all the emails and faxes that I have sent on his behalf, even though I didn't even need to do it.

He still never picked up his steel insert, and now, because it sat so long with the plastic protective shield bubbled and peeled in places, it left stains on the steel that would not polish out.

Warehouse guy decided to toss the lid at some point, but never informed me, then, when I questioned it this spring, he lied to me and said the guy had taken it back with him. I was pretty sure he hadn't, but that was last fall, just after I got back from my bereavement leave, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
    The guy insisted that he hadn't taken it home, but had left it with us.

So, last week, having had enough of this annoying man and getting sick of the runaround from all the people I had dealt with, I sent a brand new warranty order in to the attention of a very reliable contact whose name became available to me this week as a knowledgeable person to go to for troubleshooting.

I gave her all the details, and she sent me everything this week.
    I opened the carton and checked it all against my order and the packing slip, and it was all there.

I called the man and left a message.

I just got a call from work.
    The man was in today looking for his stuff, and he is still fucking claiming that he has the wrong fucking parts!!!

Apparently, the manager was dealing with him, so I will hear about it next week, but I plan to talk to the manager and explain what has happened, and my suspicions that he is trying to rebuild his old barbecue.
    I am so done with this jerkwad. I really am.
    Last edited by Ree; 10-19-2010, 02:55 AM.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Your story isn't complete, so I look forward to hearing what happens next

BBQ guys can be some of the greatest and also some of the worst to deal with. At least he didn't threaten to go on the BBQ forums and talk about what a horrible company you were and the terrible/useless product you offered.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X