This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address Fail: Foreign Edition

The title is inspired by another title on this board. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

SC walks in and asks for a room. English is not his first language, but he knows enough to communicate and understand what I'm asking.

Me: Smoking or non?
    SC: Yes

I assume he wanted a smoking room, but his "yes" didn't even answer my question. I didn't want to accidentally give him a smoking room if he wanted non.

Me: What's your address?
    SC: I don't know.

I explain that I need to have an address in order to have him check in.

Me: Do you have a driver's license. It's usualy on that.
    SC: No

Good going. You want to check into a hotel without ID? Good luck with that. Tell me how your quest for a room goes. You certainly won't be able to quest for a hotel room here. I don't think you even have enough fame. Go feed some sheep for an hour and maybe we'll talk.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

He was probably driving without his license too.

I don't think it's unreasonable in this day and age to expect to have to carry your ID with you.

Wait, allow me please to rephrase: It's fucking stupid to go out without photo ID.
    Let 'Born in East L.A.' serve as a cautionary tale.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X