This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently my nail varnish makes me look like a whore

...according to some batty old cow of a passenger.

It's a nice shiny red colour and I LOVE it. It also complies with the boring uniform standards booklet.

I look her straight in the eye and say "why, thanks so much, that's exactly the look I'm aiming for!"

Why would you make a comment like that?
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Haha, awesome comeback!
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth AirHostess View Post
      ...according to some batty old cow of a passenger.

I look her straight in the eye and say "why, thanks so much, that's exactly the look I'm aiming for!"

Why would you make a comment like that?
      'Why thank you, I wasn't really sure about it, nice to have an expert opinion by someone in the field....'

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I KNOW this to be true: sometimes people say things to strangers just to make them feel bad.

Because they don't know them and, for whatever personal reasons they have, they need to do that.

Luckily it didn't phase you. So maybe they'll cut out such disgusting behavior.

Comment

Possibly to someone of that age, ANY 'unatural' adornment probably makes one look like a whore!

It used to be women of that...nature were called 'painted women' because they wore makeup obviously when, at that time, the goal was to NOT look like you were wearing makeup.

Read that in a book called 'Hope in a Jar' about the history of beauty products and makeup. Very interesting! Eventually, makeup became acceptable.

It's hard to find a balance between your profession and style. I have a nice clear polish with a shimmer that changes color in the light; subtle, but nice and not 'too much.'
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I've always had weird colors on my nails. I'm currently wearing a bright golden yellow. Before that was a coral orange. I even have some that change color in different lighting. When someone makes a less-than-stellar comment about my color scheme I just giggle at how tiny their lives are if 5 square inches of space is such a concern for them. Mostly I get compliments though. Honnestly, if I didn't I might consider toning it down a smidge, but it seems my nails are awesome.
            "Next time, Sir Twatwaffle of Assville, you should mind your own business." - Lupo

Comment

When I was a teen (late 60's) in Utah, only baaad girls pierced their ears... earrings were clipons.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I would have said something along the lines of 'YES! I win!! My husband has to do the dishes for the next 2 weeks! He said no-one was either old fashioned enough or rude enough to make a nasty comment on my nail polish. Since HE picked it out he was sure everyone would love it!'

Then ask a co-worker to thank her for helping you win your bet with your husband. she's probably back track so fast it'd leave marks.

Comment

*grin* She'd hate me.

This is my current nail state:

My best ever design. I'm very proud of it.

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
                    My best ever design. I'm very proud of it.
                    Those are pretty.

Right now, I'm not wearing any nails (every so often I take a break from them) but I'm planning to go get a new set put on soon. Myself, I prefer the brighter pinks and sometimes a mauve or a lavender shade if I feel like I want something different - but not too different.

I'm such a radical I should be ashamed of myself.
                    Last edited by Ree; 08-05-2009, 02:04 AM. Reason: Removed large image out of quote
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'd just like to point out that those are natural and hand painted by yours truly who never took a lesson in her life :P

I have a creepy talent for miniature painting.
                      Last edited by Golden Phoenix; 08-04-2009, 12:07 AM. Reason: because leswson is not a word.

Comment

i wish i had the patience for that lol

I'm allowed to wear nail color where i work, but it's only kind-of frowned on because I do work with food in all its various forms of pre-package, fresh, and/or frozen states. Also, if someone were to find chips of green or blue polish in their food when its delivered to the store, they can all point a finger at me, since i'm the only one who will actually wear nail polish in the basement.
                        "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                        ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

I can't even keep nails long enough (time or length) to be worth painting, and I'm not about to go out and get artificial nails glued on.

OT--Katie, I know I've been away for a few days, but when did you change your nick?? /OT
                          Last edited by Primer; 08-06-2009, 11:26 PM. Reason: typo
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

GP, I love your nails, they look so freaking awesome!

As for me, I don't wear artificial nails for the following reasons: 1) it's harder to type and play flute with them, 2) they'd get broken from me tapping the touchscreens at work.

I'll paint them, usually I just stick to one colour across the board. I used to wear frosted shades of pink, now I've branched out a bit....last colour was a coral-ish pink, the other was a very bright blue and before that, a very firey red/orange.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                            X