Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dead nurse (Infuriating and will kill your faith in humanity)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dead nurse (Infuriating and will kill your faith in humanity)

Protip for scammers peddling us a sob story in an attempt to commit several hundreds of dollars worth of return fraud: Do a little research about names and places you might end up referencing.

The other day, we got a call, apparently. It was a nurse at a local hospital. She and some other people at the hospital threw a bridal shower for a fellow nurse and bought all the gifts at Ye Olde Clearance Swampe. A good time was evidently had by all.

And then, later that night, the nurse for whom the shower was held met her untimely demise when a drunk driver crashed into her car. So now the hospital people want to return all the presents in exchange for money to buy flowers for the funeral or to donate to Mothers Against Drunk Driving, but gosh darn it they can't find any of the receipts.

The service desk person taking the call told the caller no problem, we can look up some of the receipts depending on method of payment, and asked the caller for a name or a phone number to get back to them.

The caller's response: "Oh, I'm at the hospital downtown, on the twelfth floor. I'll call you back in ten minutes gottagobye.

A. In my city, none of the hospitals are downtown.
    B. In my city, none of the hospitals are twelve stories high. Neither is the one that basically sits on the border between my city and the next one to the north.
    C. How strange it is you couldn't name the specific hospital you supposedly work at.
    D. And that you wouldn't give us a name and were in such a hurry to get off the phone.
    E. You fail.

We did not get the call back in ten minutes as we had been promised. However, two neighboring stores got the same call about the same nurse who had the same bridal shower and died in the same accident with a drunk driver, and now the same caller wants to return all the same gifts for the same money to buy the same flowers or make the same donation. They weren't successful in fleecing those stores either.

Humanity: I'm very disappointed in it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I can't believe that someone would make up a story like that.

Didn't their mama teach them not to lie about death?
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

The worst part is that they are trying to scam people who would have decency and good motives. People who care. Fuckers.
      Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

That seriously made me sad. That someone would make up a story such as that.

Comment

I bet what happened is the caller ganked the stuff he/she wanted to return and made up the story so we'd accept a no-receipt return.

So sorry, we're too smart for that.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That is really sad. And then when something like that really does happen, nobody will believe it.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Nice try, lady. Oh wait, not very nice.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

A line from Children of Bodom's Hate Me! immediately comes to mind. "Ain't got respect for humanity!"

Humanity is completely and utterly worthless. With some notable exceptions.
                Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Working...
                X