This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Didn't Win

Today, a customer came to the service desk with a scratch off which I checked and it didn't win. He insisted that it was a winner so I ran it through the machine again and printed the slip that said it wasn't a winner. He still insisted that he won and I pointed out what he needed to get to win. I ended up getting my service desk coworker to prove to him that he didn't win since he didn't believe me even with the slip of paper that I showed him that said it wasn't a winner.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

And he didn't win in life either.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      And he didn't win in life either.
      No, but if he keeps that up, he might lose at it.
      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

you should have told him that he won a free book mark.

when he asks for the prize hand him the ticket back and say "there you go!"

Comment

I hate most of our lottery customers. I have no problem with gambling if that's how you want to spend your money, but don't ask me tons of questions about which ticket I think is the best or which ones are winning because I don't care enough about it to pay attention. All I need to know is if a customer has tickets to redeem, what slot number or drawing they want, and how many. Tell me that information, I'll give out the appropriate tickets or winnings, then move along.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Theres a machine that just reads them to tell if their winners or not? That's awesome! I bet they don't work until they're scratched off though. sad.

This guy reminds me of those customers that are on such a low comprehension level that they're like 2 year olds. Things that everyone else understands you have to invent a new way to explain. Suddenly you're miming out a mailbox and holding up fingers to illustrate how coupons work...oy.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
              Theres a machine that just reads them to tell if their winners or not? That's awesome! I bet they don't work until they're scratched off though. sad.
              The one's I've seen read a bar code on the back of the lottery ticket. They don't need to be scratched off first.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I still don't understand why you didn't just ask him to prove that he'd won instead of wasting your time proving that he didn't.

Put the ball back in his court.
                Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                  I hate most of our lottery customers. I have no problem with gambling if that's how you want to spend your money, but don't ask me tons of questions about which ticket I think is the best or which ones are winning because I don't care enough about it to pay attention. All I need to know is if a customer has tickets to redeem, what slot number or drawing they want, and how many. Tell me that information, I'll give out the appropriate tickets or winnings, then move along.
                  Next time tell them if you knew you wouldn't be working where you are.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post

This guy reminds me of those customers that are on such a low comprehension level that they're like 2 year olds. Things that everyone else understands you have to invent a new way to explain. Suddenly you're miming out a mailbox and holding up fingers to illustrate how coupons work...oy.
                    In Canada (especially after some recent discoveries by shows like Marketplace and W5), there are bar codes on all scratch and lotto tickets, and pretty much every place you can go to turn in the tickets will have a scanner available for public use. So you can scan your ticket right there and see if it is a winner or not. (For scratch tickets ,the "Are you a winner?" bar code is under the scratch portion so you can't tell if a ticket is a winner without scratching). In most regions too now, you have to sign the ticket before you turn it in as well, to prevent shady stores from scanning, saying it's not a winner or a lesser winner, and then scanning it for themselves later on.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      you should have told him that he won a free book mark.

when he asks for the prize hand him the ticket back and say "there you go!"

Not just that.. she could have added.. "doorstop" (if folded over several times), "cat toy" (if scrunched into a ball-like shape), or if you're really in a pinch, "t.p."
                      I will never go to school!

Comment

I dealt with lotto whores for a year too long.

I did learn that with scratch offs, there is a code on every ticket. If you win a dollar, you will see an O, an N, and an E somewhere on the ticket, and a T, W, O for two, etc etc....T E N for ten, F T Y for fifty, and so forth....

So whenever the lotto whores didn't believe me or the machine (and trust me, it was always the seniors who didn't believe the machine), I'd point out in the ticket, the random letters like X, Z, and K or whatever on losing tickets.

If you're too dumb to figure out that you didn't win, and you refuse to believe a cashier or a machine that scans the damn barcode, and you actually believe that N Z and X somehow spell ONE, congrats......the Wisconsin lottery loves people like you. That's how they get their money.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Apparently he didn't win reading comprehension either.

Comment

Quoth GiftShopGirl View Post
                            Apparently he didn't win reading comprehension either.
                            From the sound of it, he skipped school that day it was taught.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              From the sound of it, he skipped school that day decade it was taught.
                              There, fixed it for you.
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X