Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All I needed was a EW hag at the end of my workday...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I needed was a EW hag at the end of my workday...

Ok so this old lady comes in. I already knew there was going to be trouble because this lady came in a long time ago and she was a problem. Now she came in again and she still IS a witchy old hag. Ok so asks me for some frozen drink and she wants hazelnut. She wants the small size. She asks me how much it is and that's when the problem starts.

ME: Ok so you want a small coffee coolatta hazelnut flavor. That is $3.26.
    Hag: WHAT? I don't want it then. I see $2.00 over there! (She points to the ice coffee section so I look over there to see what she is talking about.)
    Hag: Don't you look over there! You work here. You know what I am talking about. I want a small frozen drink. Doesn't anyone know what I am talking about?! You guys used to have it for $2.00 during the week. It came in a cute cup.
    ME: I've been here for 2 years and we never had those small cups. (At least not that small.)
    Hag: Can't you put your brain together or something? I don't want you serving me. Let the other girl serve me. (THANK YOU!)

So my CW tries to make her understand the prices and what not. She's still ranting and raving because we don't know what she is talking about and she thinks we don't know what we're talking about. Basically she's making a fool out of herself.

CUE my manager! I'll put SM for short (Spineless Manager). He was spineless in this situation.
    SM tries to make her understand the prices and we figure she wants an iced latte. We have two boards for the lattes. One is the sale price and one is the old board. He explains to her that those are the old prices and we're using the new prices.

Hag: I see $2.03 over there!
    SM: That's for the small hot latte.
    Hag: I don't understand. I'm going to take a picture of this board and send it to the business bureau. (Something like that she said.)
    SM: OK go ahead.
    Hag: How could you do this to a senior like me? Maybe in your country that's how you read it...(My SM isn't born here...he should've kicked her out when she said that...UGH!)
    SM: Ok we'll give you what you want for $2.03. Even though it's for the hot.

So my CW makes it for her and she pays and what not. This lady must be this much of an EW or she is just miserable...or both!

Not sure how your "old prices" appear compared to your "new prices", but I don't like that some stores won't honor their clearly posted pricing. That isn't right. Still, demanding a price for something when that price is clearly for something else, well that woman was EW through and through.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The new latte prices are cheaper, but she wanted to be an EW and get a small iced latte for a small hot latte price and she was nasty throughout the whole time.

Comment

I felt like a SC today -_- I was at the mall and there was this cafe downstairs. Nothing special, just a little place trying to copy the green apron king. So I order this green tea lemonade and it comes out disgusting. Like they had taken a lemon and just sent it through the blender. Then the price was different than on the board cause their new seasonal prices were in and they hadn't changed the board yet or something. Long story short their drinks were terrible and they charged 2 times more than the green apron, a very hard feat. That meant I was going to pay 4.20 for a small that I could have gotten at the other store for 2.15. In the end I took one sip of the drink, spit it out, and asked for my money back. The manager was so rude. "You should have noticed the price first!" Um, dude, it's a different price on the board. He was so confused. Apparently he thought they had already changed it and he came out looking like an idiot cause he wasn't organized enough to take charge of his store. Was I being an SC?

Comment

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
          The manager was so rude. "You should have noticed the price first!" Um, dude, it's a different price on the board. He was so confused. Apparently he thought they had already changed it and he came out looking like an idiot cause he wasn't organized enough to take charge of his store. Was I being an SC?
          As long as you didn't call him an idiot and were polite about it, I'd say no.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            As long as you didn't call him an idiot and were polite about it, I'd say no.
            Nope, I just pointed out that the sign wasn't advertising the store's real prices and that I'd like my money back. He said I already had my drink, so they couldn't refund me. I said that if I had finished the drink it wouldn't be right for me to expect my money back, but as he could see I've hardly touched it. He didn't want to give me my money back, so I just told him that 4 dollars was ridiculous, and even if he honored the price on the board I didn't like the drink and thus would like my money back. The 5 people behind me all decided he was being unreasonable and they were taking their business to the green apron, and they did. He refunded me after that. I was never rude to him or called him names, just held firm on my side of the argument.

Comment

That's what's wrong with society today. All these EW's bitch and moan and end up getting their way!!! It pisses me off! I get the economy is bad, we want their business blah blah blah BUT there is a point to which we should NOT have to get walked on. If anything more money was loss making that then what she paid. GRRR. I hate the spineless!!

Comment

Funny little update about that lady in my story. She was actually never a customer at my job (at least I don't think so). She was actually a lady I was on the bus with!

Here's the thread I made about her. She's the lady in the second story. This lady is probably anyone's worst nightmare.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=51612

Comment

Quoth tinamarble88 View Post
                  SM: Ok we'll give you what you want for $2.03. Even though it's for the hot.

So my CW makes it for her and she pays and what not. This lady must be this much of an EW or she is just miserable...or both!
                  Argh no >_< That'll just encourage her. Now there's a good chance that she'll be back, cuz she can now be one of the 0.0000001% of people who are telling the truth when they say "Well they did it for me last time!" BAD SM! BAD!
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I hope she NEVER comes back again. I seen her twice in my life and that is bad enough. She is basically a worker's nightmare. I don't know how anyone can bare to be friends with her or live with her or even associate with her! That's how bad she was. Basically she would crucify and pick out and complain about everything we said to her. I told my manager you should've kicked her out. She was making every worker and some customers uncomfortable.

Comment

Ugh, I hate when I get customers at Dunkin like that. I can only assume she wanted a small iced latte for 2.17. I've had customers do that to me and then when I brought them a coolatta say "That's not what I wanted! I wanted that other thing!"

Though... That DOES mean free coolatta for me.

Comment

Me too. They don't have to get nasty about it though. This lady is naturally nasty though judging by her behavior and her behavior on the bus from my other story. Our small iced lattes though are $2.70. These kinds of people are so miserable in their life that they must make everyone around them miserable.

I also hate when customers don't know what the hell they wanted or what they ordered last time. Then we have to play the guessing game!

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                          Though... That DOES mean free coolatta for me.
                          mmmm.......coolatta. Now I want a coolatta. Not quite getting why one would want a small though. I worked at a DD a long long time ago, in the time before coolattas and sandwiches and the bullet proof night window. The cops and older dudes were great. For some reason the elderly female EW's tended to gather on days (and all sit together), yuck. Nights brought the drunks, they were fun to play with. Sure I'll call you a cab. Look for the white car with the blue and red lights on top.

Comment

Working...
                          X