X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Whitman's Sampler of Idiocy

Stop that.

Random guy came behind the counter while I was serving an older lady on the other end of the counter. Why? To make change for a dollar.

Me: *noticing him* "HEY!"
    SC: "Uh...uh...I was just wanting change for a dollar."
    Me: "Then get in line behind the person I'm serving and wait for either myself or my co-workers to get that for you."
    SC: *shuffles off, mumbling* "I just wanted change for a dollar..."

You're practically sprinting toward hell, aren't you?

We have a collection jar for a co-worker with cancer on the counter between the registers. I was making a milkshake, my back turned away from the counter, and my co-worker was busy in the drive. I hear a rustling of change behind me. I turn around to see some old guy with his hand inside the collection jar.

Me: "HEY!"
    SC: *scampers off*

The drive through is not a parking spot!

A bunch of antique cars pulled into our parking lot. Where did they park? The designated parking area? No. They decided to pull around the building and park one behind the other in the drive through so they were parking in the drive through area. When they all started getting out of their cars, I poked my head out the window.

Me: "I'm sorry, you guys are going to have to park in the actual parking spots. That's our drive through."
    SC: (apparently he was the ringleader) "We'll be fine here."

All the people driving the antique cars shuffle in and start to order. I interrupt the first one.

Me: *to co worker* "Don't serve them a thing until they've all parked their cars in the right places."
    SC: "Like I said, our cars will be fine there for about twenty minutes. We just want ice cream."
    Me: "And like I said, you're going to park your cars somewhere that we can do business in our drive through with the other customers, or else you're not getting anything."
    SC: "Fine, we'll go park somewhere else. How does McDonald's sound?"
    Me: "Sounds excellent, have a nice day.

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
    SC: "Fine, we'll go park somewhere else. How does McDonald's sound?"
    I don't think McD's will let them park in the drive through either.

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I can't believe what gall all 3 SC's had!

Comment

Stop running your sucky assholes off to my store. Or I'll hunt you down.

Comment

my favorite tip jar of all time

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
          I turn around to see some old guy with his hand inside the collection jar.
          There used to be a taqueria on Haight St that as a tip collection jar on the counter used a Slim Jims container (a tall plastic cylinder for you non-Yanks). It was attached to the cash register by a short, heavy cord but what it made it most effective was the 2" long hat pins stuck into it at a downward angle.
          Anything put in would fall to the bottom and to empty it they could turn it upside down but if you tried to reach into it...
          I only saw it happen once, the SC claimed that he was just trying to make change. They had to pull the pins out of his skin one at a time. *WEG* ;-)
          "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
          -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

This is when I would have started to call a tow truck.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I would have talked them all into handing over their keys to you.. and then take their orders.. then have a co-worker call the towing services while you slowly and carefully just to make sure you don't make any mistakes, precisely make their icecream to exact measurements. lol
              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                I don't think McD's will let them park in the drive through either.

Maybe they need to find a place without a drive through.

Seriously though, the poster's come back was great! Well done!!!
                For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                http://atriumforum.com/
                Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Ohhh, pins in the jar, sounds like a Saw trap! Wish more places would do that if we weren't so sue happy.

Can't believe those guys thought they were so special that they could park in the drive though! Who does that??? Owwww....Something just broke in my brain...
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Did "how does mickey d's sound" guy seem to think if he threatened to go away, you'd let him stay there?

I hate people.
                    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
                    X