This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...sorry about the mess.

Weekend nights at the hotel are tame compared to Sunday mornings. At 9:30 or so the lobby was packed with people eating as much food as they can. One loud family occupied a table in front of the TV and treated the other guests including me and our breakfast lady to MTV's Real World. It was a mom and a dad, a "grown up" man-boy and a teenage daughter. They weren't making much noise other than forcing the rest of us to listen to awful TV and weren't bothering anyone... until...

...until the man-boy decided to play a trick on his sister. Did he pull her hair? No. Did he call her names? No. Did he, pick up a 3 gallon glass container of Froot Loops from the breakfast bar and dump it over her head?

You betcha. The lobby fell silent save for the idiot MTV show and the girl crying.

His family got out of there without an apology leaving their trash and a sea of Froot Loops on the floor.

This was my favorite part though. As the kid walks past the desk he tosses me a quarter and says, in his best Harrison Ford voice "sorry about the mess." For a brief moment i admired his audacity.. then admiration gave way to hatred as i helped the breakfast lady sweep up a huge cereal mess.

Wow. WHAT!? HOLY EFFING GOD DAMN ARGH.

I'd probably lost it at that moment and knocked him out. What an asshole.
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

Comment

As someone else so wonderfully put it in another thread, that is why we get your credit card. They should have been charged something extra for the mess. Good grief.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Did you charge their credit card for the "miscellaneous cleaning fees"?

Comment

I have been in a "teaching the dumb bastards" mood lately, even though I guess it's against protocol. If I saw that, I would ask what room they were in because they would be charged for a box of cereal (or equivalent). I find that if things are accidents people are more willing to pay, but if I must I will teach a grown up something if I have to...
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

The juvenile part of me laughed and wished it could've been there to see that.

The rest of me agrees that something should've been charged to their credit card for the lost cereal and the time needed to clean it all up.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

3 *gallons* might be closer to a CASE of frootloops. No question, they should have been charged for the wasted food at Retail or worse ^_^ plus the cleaning fee...but I doubt they'd let you make that choice >_<
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

If it had been a $20 or $50 coin, not that they make them that big, then that could have been amusing. As it stands....not a chance.
                Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Working...
                X