This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What are we supposed to DO when the pharmacy is closed?"

I had barely punched in and turned my phone on when one of the store pharmacists calls and tells me that a customer needs help in my area (health and beauty care). I head back there and the lady wants me to check in the back to see if we have any more of a certain hair dye. I say "Okay, I'll go check in the back". She thanked me and I set off. I took no detours but headed straight back, checked, and returned. I am greeted by the sight of the store directer. He's very stern, strict, and always wears a suit. He goes, "Are you helping this customer?" Well, turns out that the lady had flagged him down and started whining about how long I was taking and where WAS I waaaaah. Good Lord, lady. Do you expect me to teleport into the backroom, or what? It's a LONG WALK! Good grief. She would find the goddamn store director to whine to.

Later the greeter called me over and I was introduced to Ms. Entitlement. She wanted a certain kind of allergy medicine and when I started looking for it on the shelf she acted like I was an idiot because I didn't know it was a controleld substance, only available in the pharmacy. Well, the pharmacy was closed. Apparently she wanted me to break in and get her her pills. Okay, lady, not going to happen. The pharamacy is locked up, and we have absolutely no way to get inside tonight. She tells me to call my manager-who tells me the same thing-there's nothing we can do. As I explain this, she sighs, rolls her eyes, and has that "what a bunch of idiots" look on her face. "This is ridiculous. There has to be a way to get in. What are we supposed to do if the pharmacy is closed?!"

Well, I could make a suggestion, but you're not going to like it....
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

There's always Walgreens. They're open 24 hrs. Not sure if their pharmacy is though.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        There's always Walgreens. They're open 24 hrs. Not sure if their pharmacy is though.
        Ours is! I can't imagine what kind of people they must deal with at 2 A.M.

Comment

Quoth Miss Fatale View Post
          Ours is! I can't imagine what kind of people they must deal with at 2 A.M.
          Drug addicts

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
            Drug addicts.
            You know you've been in cs too long when you see a line like this and think "hmmmm. I bet the drug addicts are more polite than most of the people who put off getting their legit meds until 2 a.m."

(Yes, aware that there are swing shift, emergency room scrips, etc. needing pharmacy at 2. Hence the "most.")

Comment

Jeez...she has some nerve thinking you're idiots. Doesn't she know that only licensed pharmacists can dispense prescription drugs?

Comment

Quoth dbblsanta View Post
                Jeez...she has some nerve thinking you're idiots. Doesn't she know that only licensed pharmacists can dispense prescription drugs?
                That's entirely beside the point.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Doesn't she know that only licensed pharmacists can dispense prescription drugs?
                  She's probably aware of it, she just wants to get that very special treatment to which only the top EW's can aspire: "Well, I KNOW it's illegal and I KNOW it's against store policy, I just don't think that should apply to MEEEEEEE..."
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                    Drug addicts
                    No, we get them during the day. Had one about 9:30 this morning.

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    You know you've been in cs too long when you see a line like this and think "hmmmm. I bet the drug addicts are more polite than most of the people who put off getting their legit meds until 2 a.m."
                    Yeah, because the meth heads are too drugged out to be rude.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Sudafed isn't a prescription drug. It's an OTC drug that is only available from the pharmacy... due to meth factories.
                      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        I bet the drug addicts are more polite than most of the people who put off getting their legit meds until 2 a.m."
                        Of course they are - they know that they're more likely to "slip under the radar" if they don't attract attention to themselves. If they're rude, the pharmacy staff are likely to look more closely for inconsistencies in their prescription, so they're less likely to get their "fix".
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                          Sudafed isn't a prescription drug. It's an OTC drug that is only available from the pharmacy... due to meth factories.
                          It doesn't actually have to be dispensed by a pharmacist, or even kept it in the pharmacy, though. CVS keeps it behind the regular cash registers, so you can get it even if the pharmacy is closed. They just have to log your ID and get a signature to track sales. (Depending on how the store is set up, this may or may not be practical. CVS has several registers at one counter. Some place like Target or a supermarket, where they have separate lanes, this wouldn't work so well.)

*at least in NJ, don't know if it varies by state
                          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 08-17-2009, 01:42 AM.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                          X