This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I made Steinmart Giggle

Okay, so I needed a cute top so I headed over to my local Steinmart. I find one and head over to the very busy checkout lanes to pay.

This teen mom and her younger adult mom are corralling two kids; one's a very little baby and the other is a girl about 4 years old. This girl has seen some wallet things with letters on them and she doesn't just want one, she NEEDS one. Well, the darn things are $10 and teen mom was having none of it. Kid starts the usual temper tantrum we all know and love until finally teen mom puts it on the counter and then lies and tells the girl it's in the bag. Great parenting, I know. Way to foster trust and all... What ever happened to "no"? My mom told me no all the time and if I fussed too much I got a spanking. Mostly I'd just pout quietly which was fine by her and everyone around us.

Anyway, so they're walking out the door and the sweet older lady behind the register looks at me and says "Aren't you glad you don't have kids?" I reply that my mom spanked me which stopped the tantrum stage real quick. I'm pretty sure the idiot parents heard me, because they physically paused at the door when I said it. She giggled and said that she also spanked her kids and knows they spank their kids now too.

If the idiot parents hearing me wasn't delicious enough, when the sweet lady behind the register thanked me for my purchase I thanked her for SPANKING HER KIDS.

The whole checkout line laughed out loud and I felt good about me.
    "Next time, Sir Twatwaffle of Assville, you should mind your own business." - Lupo

We've received several reports on this thread suggesting we move it to Sightings. I came in with the intention of doing so, but after reading it I became concerned about the numerous comments about spanking and how kids should supposedly be disciplined. This is purely Fratching material, and we recently closed another thread that went down this same path.

After discussing it with the team, the consensus was to close this one as well.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
    X