Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you always come through my line?

We have a regular SC.... she never has ANYTHING positive to say, not even anything neutral. It's ALWAYS about how much we suck.

She's also pointed out several times that she's applied for a job with us and has yet to get a call back. She swears up and down every time it's because we don't want to hire someone for full time (89% of the employees in the company, world wide, are full time, probably 95% in my store) and pay benefits. Or it's because she's too old (we have cashiers in their late 60s/early 70s you bitch, you're probably around 50). Or it's because she's ugly (one of our cashiers had a stroke a few years ago and can't move half of her face and can barely move the left side of her body). She's always coming up with reasons why we haven't called her back. Her latest one was because she had friends in California protesting Whole Foods and we must have found out about it. (I only wish I was kidding about this)

I'm sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that our credit card slips print the customer name on them. And I'm positive nobody has ever told management how much of a bitch she is and how half the store will walk out if she even gets an interview (I'm not kidding, she's that well known in the store).

Yesterday? She came through my line with EIGHT individually packaged pork chops... then they were shrink wrapped in addition to the paper wrap. I get grossed out enough handling pork (I don't eat pork, along with a few other meats, all I eat is chicken, beef, buffalo, and turkey). But she went off on a huge tangent about how they must have fired everyone in the meat department because her pork chops will get frost bite if she freezes them in that wrapping, and how she has to go by new freezer paper at our competition. Actually hun, the meat dept has hired 3 new people in the past 6 months (out of over 30 in the dept), and 1 got fired pretty quickly, but hey, what do I know, I'm just a stupid cashier and don't know anything except how to press buttons and have an IQ of 70, right dear? (also I worked in meat for a short period)

Her pork chops were tightly wrapped. In paper. Then shrink wrapped as well. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the wrapping.

Seriously, just fucking go to the competition and make their lives hell already.

No please, Kroger employees suffer enough!

Comment

LOL.

She always come in close to closing time... if I remember right, the Kroger across from us closes their meat/seafood counters fairly early. Same with the Tom Thumb (owned by Randalls/Safeway) on another corner. I've only been in the Market Street across from us once, so I don't know when they close their counters.

Also we have FOUR grocery stores at our intersection. One on each corner. Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Tom Thumb (Safeway), and Market Street (United Supermarkets).

The Kroger is definitely the most run down out of all of them though, sorry. Even for a Kroger it's pretty run down and badly maintained, I don't think I've ever seen more than 3/4 of the lights actually working in that store. But they do have cheap beer, and the night manager is a pretty nice guy when you talk to him. Last time I talked to him he asked me about our employee discount and said he was jealous (I always go in there after work to buy my beer). I've only seen the automatic doors working .. I don't know, maybe 10 times out of the hundreds of times I've been in there. They're usually stuck open and buzzing. I've also never seen more than 3 registers (not counting SCO) open there before... they only have 6 registers total (again not counting SCO's 4). My store has 20, none of them SCO.
      Last edited by bean; 09-02-2009, 06:12 AM.

Comment

She's also pointed out several times that she's applied for a job with us and has yet to get a call back
        Wait a minute, she talks about bad about the company that she has applied for and expects a callback? What a moron!

However, playing devil's advocate here, was that the reason she is upset about the company?

Comment

Judging by the fact that she complains and whines about this and that and then snarks about how she'll have to go to the competition and yada yada yada, probably not.

Although.

I'm sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that our credit card slips print the customer name on them. And I'm positive nobody has ever told management how much of a bitch she is and how half the store will walk out if she even gets an interview (I'm not kidding, she's that well known in the store).
          Why would she be such a bitch about the credit card slips?
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            Judging by the fact that she complains and whines about this and that and then snarks about how she'll have to go to the competition and yada yada yada, probably not.

Although.

Why would she be such a bitch about the credit card slips?
            I think what this means is that because the name is on her credit slip, the store has put her name to her face, and knowing that she's such a pain in the back side, will not give her application the light of day. And that's why she won't get hired, rather than her plethora of conspiracy theories.

Comment

She complained about the way her meat was wrapped? Could've been alot worse. 1 of my buddies worked at 1 Kroger (Yes, Kroger) and his mom wanted him to get another job, so she got him 1 at her Kroger in the meat department. He lasted 2 days before some stupid fucking bitch actually accused him of putting poison in her meat The moron manager was actually stupid enough to believe it too.
              He didn't want the 2nd job anyway, so he was much happier after that was all said and done.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
                ...He lasted 2 days before some stupid fucking bitch actually accused him of putting poison in her meat The moron manager was actually stupid enough to believe it too...
                i thought kroger had a union that could hanlde that kinda stuff?

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                  i thought kroger had a union that could hanlde that kinda stuff?
                  Union? They're worthless. Unless you work at a Union State the Union has little power to help. Plus management can let you go without reason within the fist 90 days you work there. Granted they rarely do that but they can if they want.

Comment

My apologies if I'm repeating anyone else who's posted on this thread...

If she went off on a tangent, I'd ask her:

"If we're that bad and the competition is *SO* much better, then why do you want to shop here? Why do you want to *WORK* here?"
                    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X