This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you think it was a lie?

There is a very simple rule in the office moving business: unlabelled items are not moved. We have no way of knowing what the plans are for the new space - they could be getting something new, they could be getting something from another area, they might not need something anymore, and so on. No matter how "obvious" it is that the item should be moved, if it isn't labelled, it doesn't go.

To make sure the customer understands this rule, the move instructions include this line: Be sure to place a label on all items that you want to have moved to your new location. We will not move items that do not have a label. NON-LABELLED ITEMS WILL NOT BE MOVED TO YOUR NEW LOCATION.

So we do a move, I'm there next day for post-move clean up and I get this:

SC: Where the hell is my cabinet?
    Me: (specifically remembering this particular office) You mean the 2-high that was behind your desk?
    SC: What do you think?
    Me: We moved over 20 cabinets right outside your office, any one of them could be yours... Do you mean the 2-high that was behind your desk?
    SC: Of course I mean that one! Where is it?
    Me: It's still in your old office.
    SC: YOU DIDN'T MOVE IT?!?
    Me: No, it wasn't labelled.
    SC: SO?!?
    Me: So........ didn't you read your move instructions where it said that we don't move things that aren't labelled.
    SC: Yeah I read that, but obviously I need it.
    Me: ..... and? ......
    SC: And what? Obviously I need it, what did you expect me to use for my files?
    Me: That's none of my business. Obviously if you wanted something moved you should have put a label on it... anyways, it's still upstairs, I'll go get it right now.

I fetch his cabinet, and he was still harping away at how it was obvious that it should have been moved but I just chose to ignore him. This is a problem we get all the time, usually from people "too smart" or too busy to bother reading the instructions. This is one of the first to admit reading and then disregarding the instruction.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

If it were so obvious, it would have been moved?

Sheesh.....

Comment

Now, it's just me, and I'm a little petty like that, but I'd have told him 'If you need it moved, tag it, and I'll move it tonight.'

But like I said, I'm a little petty.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

So he knows the directions and yet refuses to follow them...yea I'm not reading smart anywhere in that.

Comment

You need some stickers for these guys. 'I was too stupid to label this the first time. Please move this item. Thank you.'
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
            SC: And what? Obviously I need it, what did you expect me to use for my files?

Ummmm....your rectum, sir?

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Unfortunately his head is occupying all available space there.
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
              Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

And the question on everyone's mind is...what does this guy do for a living?

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                  I second that!

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                    As far as I can tell, he gets paid to wander around the building all day looking pissed and frustrated like he has something big on the go.
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                      As far as I can tell, he gets paid to wander around the building all day looking pissed and frustrated like he has something big on the go.
                      Ah! The Managerius Twatus Dedweightium. Someone who has been promoted above both the Dilbert and Peter Principal and is doing as much as he can to keep his job without doing his job.

A walking ID10T error.

B
                      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                      X